Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Avengers: Age of Ultron movie!

HeroHQ

Re: The Avengers 2

in reply to Jadryx1

Ultron needs to look like comic Ultron of that there is no doubt. I hope they don't mess with that aspect of Ultron. James Spader is a very good actor but his voice just drips with sarcasm so I think he will have to tone that down and when they say play Ultron don't they mean voice him? Since Ultron is an AI and he creates his own mostly indestructible body using machines will there be a physical James Spader on the screen. Maybe Spader will be one of the scientests working with Tony on creating the AI and somehow his brain waves get pulled into the Ultron AI, hmm. Kind of fun to speculate.

Level 37

Re: The Avengers: Age of Ultron movie!

in reply to Iron24

I am really psyched for the casting of Spader as Ultron!  Like Iron said, he's a great actor and his voice has the perfect cadence for a villain, particularly one like Ultron that's so dry and methodical.  I have a feeling he will knock it outta the park.  I think they'll like go the Gollum/Andy Serkis route with James Spader being on-set in a mo-cap suit and they'll CGI Ultron's robo-body over his.  I only hope that they don't put Spader's face onto Ultron and keep the classic red glowy ant head.

@Jad - Haha, someone better tell Renner to suck it up and put on the purple spandex for a more classic Hawkeye look for A2!  He doesn't gotta have the mask, but I want more purple than just a little stripe down the front of his vest.

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

I do think Spader is a great choice for Ultron just very curious to see how they work him in.

Level 37

in reply to Rogue_Shadow1

Some very exciting news!  Katee Sackhoff recently talked about how she's been in contact with Marvel and they've asked about her availability for early next year.  Chris Evans has said that Avengers 2 will start filming sometime around March.  Joss Whedon has said in the past how he's a HUGE fanboy for Battlestar Galactica, the show that brought Katee fame, and has hired actors from the show before in his other projects.  So, it looks like there's reason to believe she could end up in Avengers 2 in some role.  What role, well this is where things get fun!

On BSG, Katee played a brash rebellious often sarcastic hotshot pilot and in roles since she's usually been some variation of a tough and headstrong person (she's also blond).  So based on that, I think we can rule out Jan and Wanda who don't really fit that.  I don't think we'll see She-Hulk at this stage, Tigra probably won't ever end up in a movie, and we already have a Black Widow.  A villain is a possibility but Enchantress doesn't really fit and I don't know about Viper since she was just in Wolverine.  Abigail Brand is definitely a possibility and Whedon was the one that created her when he was doing the X-Men comics.

I think Ms Marvel and Mockingbird fit the bill the best and for once that aint just my Bobbi bias showing, haha.  Both of them would be easy enough to fit into Avengers 2 as an Air Force pilot/SHIELD agent.  I reckon it'd be a pretty minor role similar to Maria Hill or Coulson in A1 since Whedon already has a lot on his plate introducing Ultron and the Maximoff twins.  There's been a lot of talk lately of a Ms Marvel solo movie and putting Carol into Avengers could be a way of easing her into the universe and letting audiences meet her before tackling a solo movie.  Katee doesn't have a big household name to headline a movie, but neither was Chris Hemsworth when he signed on for Thor.  In the case of Bobbi, Whedon and Feige have mentioned Clint will have a bigger role in A2 and will get fleshed out more.  Could Bobbi be involved in that?  I'm not sure, there's gonna be a lot going on to worry about any romance sideplots, even a small one.

It's definitely something to think about.  For all we know she could end up as nameless SHIELD Agent or the role gets cut and we never find out, but speculating is fun, haha.

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Katee is denying any involvement with any Marvel movies.  Apparently there was a bit too much speculation or reading into what she had originally said.  However she would be up for a role if it was offered to her (who wouldn't?).

Level 34

in reply to Jadryx1

Yeah, I saw that, but it's still pretty cool there's been at least a little communication between the two parties since I bet Katee would make a great superhero.  It also makes me wonder that there might still be some role to be had just from the fact that there has been contact and availability talks, regardless of whether Katee is the one that gets it.  It's not like Marvel is gonna cancel a potential Carol Danvers movie or cameo cause they can't get Katee for the role.  I guess we'll have to wait and see!

In other news, here's a video about the casting of James Spader as Ultron!  The host quotes Whedon as saying that Spader was his first and only choice and says Ultron is "very human and humorous".  Ultron is definitely very human as far as robots go with the complicated relationships with Hank, Jan, Vision, Jocasta, and Akhema, though I'm kinda scratching my head at humorous.  Hopefully they don't go too jokey with Ultron since I want him to be a real frightening threat to the Avengers and not just standing around trading barbs with RDJ all day.

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Do you think this means that Jarvis won't end up as Ultron, like it was rumored to be?  Maybe instead Tony creates a sentient Iron Man suit since at the end of IM3 it was clear he was cutting back on being a superhero.  By having a sentient Iron Man armor he could program it to save people while Tony lounges at home with Pepper and still gets all the praise.

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

I was pretty surprised that they picked Spader for the role, since he seems to be known more for TV work than movie work, but I could see him doing a good job as Ultron.  I need to get his role on The Office out of my head first, though.  That's not exactly the best comparison for what he'll be doing in Avengers 2...

Level 43

in reply to Rogue_Shadow1

He hasn't done that much TV work, I don't think.  He was on Boston Legal for a number of years, but other than that it's been a couple random guest appearances.  Most of his acclaim has come from movies, though he hasn't really had a big movie role in a while, though he was in Lincoln.

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

I think he had one more big TV show, some crime procedural type of thing, though I can't remember which one off-hand.  He has some big new show coming up on NBC, I think, actually.  Of course, Avengers is more important than any TV show anyway.  This is the Avengers!  This is Ultron!

Level 43
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS