cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHIELD TV series

HeroHQ

Re: SHIELD TV series

in reply to Hawkeye

Well I don't think they can get Jackson or Johanssen to commit to a regular appearance on a  TV show so even if they wanted to they couldn't do that. However there are other ways they could have gone and other low powered heroes they could have used. I'm just not sure whether the cast they have can pull it off, outside of Ming Na. Ward is very stiff, the science twins are just goofy, Skye is limited to looking good and being sassy and Coulsen is a one trick pony a caricature. Now maybe they will surprise me and grow into their roles but the real issue is with the writing and they have one really good show with one eye, a decent show with Graviton and three mediocre shows. Hopefully the next show steps it up.

Iron24

in reply to Iron24

No new episode this week for some reason.  I think it comes back next week though.

@Iron - I meant that they take a page out of DC's book where Arrow and Smallville aren't related to any of the movies.  They aren't even related to each other.  They just do their own thing with different actors, different stories, different backstory, etc.  If Arrow wanted Superman to show up, they wouldn't have to beg Henry Cavil for a ten second cameo.  They would just cast someone else and they could have several Superman episodes, if they want to.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Oh I agree with you if they were going that route and I almost wish they were then they could have any hero they wanted, but they have tied themselves to the world of the Avengers movie so they won't do that, which is too bad. A show with some of the lower powered heroes in Shield would be way cooler than what they are trying to do know, have a Hawkeye, MB, BW and so forth as a team that would be a great TV show and Smallville and Arrow have proven you can pull it off and do well. Instead we have team with no powers that so far has been pretty dull. They have not done anything really cool or even really fun. I get the idea how do regular people exist in a world with super heroes but we have barely seen any super powered villains so how exactly is Shield having to adjust so much when any well trained team could have taken down the threats they have faced so far in fact that is one of the problems is this Shield team isn't even well trained, lol.

Iron24

in reply to Iron24

We have seen quite a few powered guys.  Scorch, the centipede guy from the pilot, and a taste of Gravitron, but you're right that it's hard to imagine another group of agents wouldn't have done just as well, if not better.  I think it has been acknowledged several times that Coulson picked a bit of an odd team though.  I think the writers are going for the team being greater than the sum of the parts, but haven't really shown that well.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

We saw Torch and the guy in the first episode but outside of that we really have not seen too many super villains. Also why name the group Centipede instead of Maggia or Hydra or AIM, that seems silly to me. I guess we did see them work as a team to take the South American baddies down on the plane so there is that but so far there team work kind of stinks.

Iron24

in reply to Iron24

I think the tech is just called Centipede?  Though the hacker guy did mention he got paid by a company posing as an environmental company.  But I think at this point it could still turn out to be AIM or someone else from the comics using a fake name.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

I hope so that would be a good thing.

Iron24

in reply to Hawkeye

Looks like this could get pretty interesting.  The November 19th episode of SHIELD will deal with the aftermath of Thor:The Dark World.  I'm guessing it has to do with what we've seen in the trailers, with Malekith and company causing chaos in England.  It could potentially being pretty cool, having the show tie in so directly with the show, but I also wonder how much they will say?  The episode airs 11 days after Thor comes out in theaters, that's not a whole lot of time.  Most of the sales are in the first weekend, but still, ya don't wanna spoil things when the movie has barely been out for a week.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

It would be cool if the team went to London to see the destruction or maybe we even get a quick Thor cameo, how cool would that be. However they will probably just mention it in passing unless maybe there are a couple of rogue Dark Elves or some other creature from one of the 9 realms causing problems and they have to clean it up.

The show missed an opportunity though for Halloween with all the scary creatures they have in Marvel they could have done a great kill the monster episode, that would have been fun.

Iron24

in reply to Iron24

So, I forgot SHIELD was on until it was half over so I haven't seen the new episode yet.  I'll have to catch up tomorrow and post my thoughts on it.

Hawkeye Level 74
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS