Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHIELD TV series

HeroHQ

Re: SHIELD TV series

in reply to Rogue_Shadow1

How do you think they will handle Graviton has a super villain for Coulson?  I guess they would have to make his powers really unstable or make him on the weak side since the team doesn't have the muscle to deal with Graviton as he was in EMH.  It would be cool to see the shady side of SHIELD and have em bust out some of the Hydra weapons that Cap discovered in The Avengers, but I'm not sure the show will go that route.  It's been pretty focused so far on SHIELD being the good guys.  It would be fun if later down the road we learn that May isn't the squeaky clean good guy that Ward and Coulson seem to be and can be a bit more brutal to add some spice to the team.  More of a Black Widow to the other's Cap.

It should be a surprise to no one that the show got picked up for a full 22 episode season, haha.  I wonder if we'll see a bit of adjustments based on fan criticism in the later half of the season.  Assuming they haven't already worked out the kinks on their own.

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Maybe we'll see how Coulson survived around the same time as he confronts Graviton, so he might have a couple extra abilities from that?  Of course, it's still safe to say that they'll all be outmatched by him, since Graviton is normally pretty powerful.  They probably won't make him as powerful as he was in EMH or anything, though, since they don't exactly have the Avengers here.  It'd be cool to see SHIELD go down that shady route a little bit, though, since it sounds like they're going that way in the movies anyway. But I could see May being more brutal, like you said.  It seems a little strange for her to choose not to go on combat missions then, though, unless she's been trying to avoid combat because of that.  Which would actually be super cool, so forget what I said before. 

Level 43

He might have increased speed or strength, but I don't see him being too powerful.  They've said the purpose of the show is to have normal people deal with weird stuff so if Coulson is the Hulk he stops being all that normal.  Yeah, it looks like SHIELD will be bad guys in Cap and even if its just one rogue guy it seems like the Avengers are gonna separate from SHIELD.  Haha, yeah,  I saw thinking that May wouldn't trust herself in the field because she became too brutal.  It would be a way cooler backstory than her partner dying or something.

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Yeah, I don't think he'd be crazy strong, but it might make it so Graviton can't just crush him with a thought, at least.  I really hope her backstory isn't as simple as her partner dying.  That'd be a waste of an opportunity for something super cool.  Hopefully, we start to get a little more of May and her backstory soon, though, since she really hasn't had much time in the show so far.  Actually, everyone but Skye and Coulson could use some more screentime right now.  It'd be nice to have an episode that focuses more on May or Fitz/Simmons.  I think it might be time for May to get into the spotlight a bit more now that she's supposed to be in the field now, actually. 

Level 43

Ward has had a good deal of spotlight, he just hasn't done all that much with it.  But yeah, could go for some of May and maybe see a bit of Fitz and Simmonds separate of each other.

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Yeah, I guess Ward has had some time in the spotlight, though no one has as much time as Skye.  It's insane.  She's there even more than Coulson, who's supposed to be in charge.  He should just order her away from the camera!  But, yeah, I'd like to see Fitz and Simmonds get a little bit of individual time.  Each one could have an episode that deals with something from their past to get them more well-defined on their own.  I happen to think they're funny, but they need to develop a little bit eventually. 

Level 43

So enjoyed this episode much more than the first two. Agree with you guys about Graviton, a back story that makes sense and that he was trying to do the right thing by making the hard call. I thought the scientist was well cast and acted the part well, besides with his new Graviton powers he can probably make the hair he does have look really good, lol. As far as Ward's traumatic story it sounds like the older brother was doing a little bit more than just shoving his brothers around a bit rather he was seriously hurting them, possibly a sociopath.

I also like the how they took Shield to task, the Graviton character basically talking about how Shield's pursuit of an inexhaustible energy source led to aliens attacking New York. Given the way our government is acting right now I wouldn't trust them with anything and even the Quinn character made some good points about how the powerful governments want to keep all the best technology for themselves and not let other people, companies or countries move ahead.

Overall I liked the episode but a couple of gripes. First of all if you are going to teach someone to punch show them how to punch. I was in the martial arts for many years and I saw young girls learn how to punch correctly more quickly than Skye did even in the end when she was supposedly serious . Skye's punches couldn't have hurt a mouse they were so bad and such poor technique, just awful.

The other big gripe is keeping Coulsen a cartoon character, you know how in most cartoons the characters always wear the same clothes day after day, well that schtick is wearing pretty thin with Coulsen. He is part of a two man infiltration team and he wears his non-functional suit and dress shoes, come one that was just terrible. Have you ever tried to run on a beach in dress shoes and wearing a suit coat is hardly ideal for any type of real action, just very silly. He has one shining moment when he says he respects Graviton's hard call and he has to make one of his own, did like that.

Agree with you guys about our science twins they need some good back story or to play a more substantial role than humorous relief and quick technical jargon. Let's give Skye and Ward a backseat for an episode or two and develop the rest of the team, especially May.

May needs to take a major role in this show if it is going to really move forward. Make her a total bad ass with some heart. She has already shown she can do the action well and has the dry sarcasm down as well. I like Ming Na and want to see her utilized more fully.

Hopefully as Rogue pointed out we do get to see Graviton make an appearance and although he probably won't have the power cosmic they can still make him very dangerous. Maybe he will destroy Coulsen's one suit and he will have to change clothes, that would be a much needed relief.

Level 37

in reply to Hawkeye

An article is up with some quotes from the NYCC Agents of SHIELD panel.  They really don't say anything interesting or give any hint we'll see any comic SHIELD agents anytime soon.  They say character developing is coming soon and hinted that Coulson's Cellist girlfriend referenced in Avengers may show up.

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Oh yeah, I read that article a while ago... didn't think to post it here for some reason, though.  The most important thing we learned in it was that Fitz really wants a monkey.  Clearly. 

Level 43

Glad they are going to develop the characters that is good but really don't need to see another Coulsen love interest since the last one was so unbelievable to say the least. I just want the show to progress and gain some depth and a just a bit of edge. Hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later. I was pretty happy the direction they went in the 3rd episode so hopefully the can keep the momentum going.

Level 37
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS