Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Punisher: No Mercy

HeroHQ

if activision's behind this

they're not.

then maybe punisher will end up in MUA 2 : fusion

Let's hope...but I have a feeling Activision failed again to claim the rights to use the Punisher in MUA2.

agent20k

If that's the case, hopefully they'll be able to get him shortly afterwards and add him as DLC.

Spirit_of_Venge

Hi guys I have been following this game closely as I am a huge Punisher fan. This game looks great as a multiplayer FPS game, I have no real news on the storyline in single player but here is some news and links below.

ZEN Studios has confirmed that Punisher: No Mercy will be available on Spring 2009. In addition, they've released six new screenshots of the upcoming PSN shooter.

Punisher: No Mercy, an Unreal Engine 3 game, is primarily a multiplayer shooter. Up to eight players can face off in a variety of locales in both free-for-all and team deathmatch battles. Player skins include many popular friends and foes of the Punisher from the comics. Fans of the comics will also be pleased to learn that one of the maps takes place at the "birthplace" of Jigsaw, one of the Punisher's most notorious foes.

In addition, the game offers a single-player Story mode. Presumably it'll be like the campaign for Unreal Tournament, in that it strings together arena battles against bots with some sort of tale about the Punisher. The press release also mentions the story mode includes artwork from Marvel artist Mike Deodato, perhaps for comic book-esque cut scenes between battles.

Still no word on pricing. The game's still a PSN exclusive as of now.

Here are some links that might be of interest if you wish to know more about the game

http://www.punishernomercy.com/

http://www.thepunisher.com/archives.html

http://www.zenstudios.com/

http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/142/14266935/imgs_1.html

The_Punisher

Looks good!

matthood5

Pity about the PSN exclusivity. I'd be surprised if they changed that. Happier than surprised, though.

Pushtrak

Wasn't this supposed to come out with the movie last year?

imchrisru

Pity about the PSN exclusivity. I'd be surprised if they changed that. Happier than surprised, though.

I have been in contact with Zsolt from Zen studios about this game and they were denied access to allow this onto X-Box live due to the size of the games memory. Apparently Windows are very picky about this.

Still would have preferred this to come out on disc though.

Wasn't this supposed to come out with the movie last year?

In original reports yes but they are trying to get the game up to the FPS standard of today to compete with some of the best FPS games out at the moment. Alot of work takes time

The_Punisher

Yeah, xbox live arcade games have to be under 150 MB in general. They have upped that significantly, and would do so again if they felt strongly enough about the game.

Pushtrak

Capcom had a really tough time getting Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo: HD Remix onto X-box live. I am not suprised at all to see that the Punisher: No Mercy is coming exclusively to the PSN. I just own a PS3 now. I used to own both consoles but after a few red rings of death and warranty misshaps, I traded it in when the signs of a soon to be rrod was upon me. When they fix the RROD problem I will consider getting another 360. The other reason is that I recently learned of the SecuROM PC games.....

Anyhow, I am really looking forward to this game and I am hoping for the best.

Kungfucaptain

I am hoping to get to play this as I do not have a PS3 and it would be only one of 2 reasons I would buy one, the other being Blu ray. I think I shall wait for the reviews before I fork out the cash.

The_Punisher
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS