cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Daredevil TV show

HeroHQ

Re: New Daredevil TV show

in reply to Iron24

Just read that DD will be renewed for a second season, yes!!! So jacked about this!!!!!

Iron24

in reply to Iron24

I'm at like ep 8 now. I've tried to cut back severely so I don't get post season depression.

I totally agree with all the videography points you've brought up, I love some of the long action shots. I was like man this scene is really good. and then I realized it hadn't been cut and I was mind blown. I love continuous scenes, more shows should take notes of the different styles that are available to them.... it gets really boring if the same style of shooting gets used all the time... but when multiple styles are used it moves from just a tv show to like a higher art form to me...as lame as that sounds.

I'm super happy that its been renewed. If the season ends like I'm thinking it will I already can't wait to see the next season!

VivaLaNES_OG

in reply to VivaLaNES_OG

Viva great to hear from you and yeah the site is acting super wacky, argh.

Glad you are getting through it I just finished yesterday and did savor it a bit as it took me about 12 days to watch it all. Really happy with the way they handled it and super excited that we get Bullseye and Electra next year. They really made the characters dig down deep throughout the season and it pays off as we do care about all the characters a lot. The only character I had some difficulty warming up to was Foggy but towards the end I liked him a lot more. Cox does a fabulous job of playing Matt with just the right amount of intensity and yet still maintain a sense of humor and realism to his character.

Tell me what you thought of Stick? I loved him and he was intense although I am not sure what Marvel villain he is talking to at the end of that episode. I liked how Stick was pretty much a bastard and fearless except for one thing he didn't want to expose his heart to actually loving someone and that is why he left Matt, yet still kept the bracelet Matt made him.

Iron24

in reply to Iron24

So, DareDevil has been really good, and I think it really picked up and became especially awesome around about episode 9.  I'm not really gonna post a massive review of it yet, since I'm just one episode from the end.  I'll post all my thoughts up on it after I see that one tomorrow or something. 

Rogue_Shadow1

in reply to Iron24

I finished Daredevil on Sunday and man, was it ever good.  It's awesome to hear that they already picked up a second season and I'm excited to see where they take it.  They tease some pretty cool stuff between Nabu and Madame Gao and I definitely wanna see a return of Stick.  He's such a jerk, but that makes it so fun to see him interact with Matt   I can't say how much I loved the action in this.  The martial arts were awesome and I liked the bloodiness to it with Matt often getting the crap kicked out of him.  It fit in well with his determination and struggle to do everything alone and the never back down mentality he took from both his Dads.  Can't wait to see him take on more difficult opponents in season two! 

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Hawk in total agreement with you just loved the show that they hit all the right notes throughout. Great character development, incredible fight choreography, really just fantastic.

Rogue the fights were pretty brutal but I like it when it is more real. The fight scene at the end of episode 2 is one of the best I have ever seen because you can see what a fight truly is, it is ugly, vicious and brutal. When you get hit it hurts and I appreciate them trying to bring a modicum of realism to the fights. Yet they still have some pretty great moves by DD, with flips and stuff that are fun as well. But I don't think the fights are over the top violent at all. Yeah they are viscous, but while there is a bit of blood it isn't out of control.

Iron24

in reply to Iron24

I haven't gotten to finishing it yet... but I've been reading the responses and I agree, the great part about the fights is that DD gets whipped! He gets bloody! He gets TIRED. I don't think I've seen that whole fatigue effect in a fight scene before, its brilliant. Most superhero stuff doesn't show the main characters getting tired or worn down, but DD gets worn down on the regular. Its a nice thing to see, its pretty realistic when it comes to that, it makes you feel connected in that human way that usually gets lost through the lens of having crazy super powers.

@Iron Stick kinda reminds me of my grandpa in a way. Of course my grandpa wasn't nearly that harsh, but he was always kinda like "yeah man, life sucks but you can change it for yourself."  Stick the character was fairly close to the comics version from what I saw. More of a father figure than a trainer, which is not at all what Stick wanted to be haha. I think they did him really well and I would like to see more of him in future episodes!

I'm actually kinda glad that they didn't rush into the Elektra/Bullseye dichotomy. Having to deal with all that was going on in the Kitchen, PLUS adding those two would be way too much for 13 episodes. I'm glad they aren't rushing to them like the film that shall not be named did.

VivaLaNES_OG

in reply to VivaLaNES_OG

Viva glad you are watching and digging the show it certainly was a great experience and getting season 2 is really awesome. I look forward to the back stories on Electra and Bullseye and am curious if they develop the Matt/Karen relationship thing. Also we will get Jessica Jones next year but not to sure what to think of that as outside of her being Luke Cage's wife I don't know much about her or her powers or what she does.

Like you I thought the fights were tremendous and showing fatigue was fantastic. Having fought full contact martial arts I can tell you, you do get tired really quickly because you get a massive adrenaline rush at the start of the fight so that is why you have to be exceptionally fit to be a professional fighter. It was great to see DD get tired, but battle on and it also showed that he trains a lot to stay in fighting shape. Most of the thugs he goes up against are not going to be in that type of condition. Yeah they probably know a bit about fighting but a lot of them are just big strong guys who generally fight in situations where they have numbers advantages or they are beating up guys who don't pay their debts. But it was also cool to see DD get his behind kicked by the ninja who was even better trained and more skilled than Matt was. DD got lucky in that fight otherwise he would have ended up dead. Will be curious to see what you think of the final fight.

Iron24

in reply to Iron24

So, I just realized that I never made a big DareDevil post after finishing it.  It was a pretty nice show.  I think they absolutely nailed Matt as a character.  The actor did a perfect job of making him dark and brooding without going overboard and still having a sense of humor while he wrestled with all his big moral issue.  The dynamic between him and Foggy was great.  It really felt like they'd been friends for a long time.  Karen was pretty good, too.  She had her own cool angle on going after Kingpin because of how she was almost killed at the start, and her dynamic with Ben was pretty great.  Her big scene in episode 11 was pretty well done, too, and I'm hoping we see a bit more of the fallout from that in season 2.  Karen was like the anti-Iris or Felicity, for Iron or anyone who watches Flash and Arrow.  I didn't think Kingpin was the absolute best villain ever like a lot of people seem to say, but he was pretty well done.  The actor for him was great, that's for sure.  The main thing I didn't like about him was that his plans to "save the city" always felt really vague.  I feel like that should've been expanded on and shown in some detail. 

The fights were really well done and made it really feel like Matt was really in a fight for his life all the time.  He's not Thor, where he's just gonna come in and throw a hammer or some lighting and win without breaking a sweat, after all.  My favorite fight was totally the ninja fight in episode 9, though.  That was a great fight.  And any fight were he got to actually use his billy clubs was pretty great.  I liked how he started using those more near the end, since he used them in some pretty creative ways.

Rogue_Shadow1
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS