cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Daredevil TV show

HeroHQ

New Daredevil TV show

We are only six days away from the unveiling of 13 episodes of Daredevil. The early reviews are in and they are really good, it is grittier, more adult, darker and really well done according the to the reviewers. I am pretty pumped up about this show and really anxious to see a Marvel TV show that gets to just go for it without worrying about censors or any of that stuff. Every trailer I've seen looks really, really good and the casting seems to be spot on.

So let's get ready to talk this Friday or Saturday. I am going to try to not go to nuts and watch 13 episodes in a row I have to work after all, but I am pretty sure I will have it watched in a week or so.

Iron24
18 REPLIES

Re: New Daredevil TV show

in reply to Iron24

Yeah, it's really coming up soon.  Just a few days away, and I'm curious about it.  I haven't looked up too much info on it, so I mostly just know it's about DD, and the Kingpin's gonna be in it (as he should be).  I'm hoping that having a shorter season also means that there's no filler episodes like a lot of shows can end up with.

So, how fast is everyone planning on watching the show?  That's the weird thing about Netflix shows.  I don't know if I'm exactly gonna binge watch it in one weekend or anything, but maybe it'll end up being so good that I wanna watch them all right away.  Who knows?

Rogue_Shadow1

in reply to Rogue_Shadow1

I am going to probably watch two the first night and then one or two over the next few nights and be done in roughly a week or so.

Iron24

in reply to Iron24

I signed up so now I'm all ready to go!  I don't really have any plans for watching, I'll just watch the first episode and see where it goes from there, haha.  I doubt it'll take me a week to get through em all though.  I'll be careful of spoilers, of course, but will post my thoughts after I've seen a few eps!

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Iron24

Watched the first episode and it was intense and really, really well done! The fight scenes are super intense and well shot and you can feel both the bad guys and Matt taking a beating. I can see how they are slowly going to build the plot as you are learning just a bit about the criminal organization that is going to cause a lot of problems. They tie it into the Marvel cinematic universe rather cleverly. It is well acted and written and certainly am looking forward to watching it throughout this week. I will save more comments for later.

Iron24

in reply to Iron24

Watched the second episode and man it got better. Some great character development and flashbacks as well as fight with DD and a bunch of Russian thugs in a hallway that is amazing.

Iron24

in reply to Iron24

Am I the only watching the best superhero show on TV? Just finished episode 5 and man it just keeps getting better. Super intense, nicely paced and I love that we are getting ot know the characters as it gives it more depth and the fights are amazing. The guy playing Kingpin is really doing a fantastic job! They are making him a fully dimensional character not just a bad guy, but a guy who has a vision but it really to do whatever it takes to accomplish no matter how ruthless he has to be.

Iron24

in reply to Iron24

Wow just watched the 7th episode which introduces Stick and man did Scott Glenn completely own that role! Just fantastic acting and fantastic episode it just flew by. They are doing a nice job with Foggy and Karen as well giving them a good storyline with Ben Urich. Really loving how all the pieces of the puzzle are fitting together and I am just savoring this show. Will probably finish it up end of this week or early next and will be sad when I finish it.

Iron24

in reply to Iron24

I just started watching today....and I accidentally watched 5 so far...I'm taking a breather for tonight but I really like it. I might watch episodes over just so I can collect all the cool little tidbits I'm sure I'm missing out on. but I just want to watch it all! I mean yeah it has a few flaws, but nothing insanely bad like the film that shall not be named.

I really like Foggy's story line. He's such a doofus, but he gives really good comedic relief to all the stuff Matt gets to go through.

Also, man this show gets violent!! I like it! *thumbs up*

VivaLaNES_OG

in reply to VivaLaNES_OG

Hopefully we can all post now and not deal with this moderator stuff. Anyway finally finished and man what a great show and a great season!!! They did a great job developing all of the main characters and giving them something to do and giving us several people to care about. The actor who plays Fisk just knocks it out of the park as does the guy who is doing DD. Foggy and Karen are also really done as is Ben Urich.

The action is intense, violent, brutal and really well shot, you can feel the punches, the kicks in your own bones. The investigative side of it is pretty good too and I like that it is a combination of the investigative and DD that brings it all home. The last episode pulls it all together in a great way and man I am sad that I don't have anymore to watch. The show never felt rushed, it was well acted, well written and gets a 95 out of a 100 from me.

Iron24
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS