cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

HeroHQ

Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

in reply to Hawkeye

The only thing I don't like about it is that it can lead to First Class syndrome, where none of the villains end up mattering to the story.  They just end up as people for the heroes to punch.  First Class also had that problem with the heroes, too, though.  Cap 1 was awesome, though, so I'm confident that it'll work out better.  It's not like every villain has to be a key character, so as long as Bucky, Zemo, and Zola get enough focus, it shouldn't be a problem. 

Rogue_Shadow1

in reply to Rogue_Shadow1

Yeah, I'd hate to see villains thrown in there just for the hell of it.  We don't necessarily have to go in-depth into their histories, but we should see their personalities and be important to the movie.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Yeah, half the villains in First Class didn't even have one line, it seemed like, so I'm hoping to avoid that.  Though I'm clearly just looking for a reason to say bad things about First Class... so back to Cap being awesome!

Rogue_Shadow1

in reply to Jadryx1

Set photos from Cap!  You can't really see too much from it, but you can tell there will be no ear flaps on the helmet this one, which I think is a good call, and you can kinda see the new costume as well as Widow's look.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

More set photos with Scarlett and SLJ.  In those other kinda blurry set photos I wasn't sure if I liked BW's hair, but I think it looks fine.  Looks like Nick Fury might get whacked on the head at some point too.

Anthony Mackie discusses some stuff from CA:TWS.

Strong possibility that Haley Atwell's Peggy Carter could be the subject of a new Marvel One-Shot.

Jadryx1

in reply to Jadryx1

There's just something really funny about Nick Fury walking around wearing a bright light blue hoodie, cause ya know, that's exactly how Fury would dress on his off-days, haha.  Scarlet looks good though!  I like the slight change with the hair and that they're not going back to the awful IM2 wig.

Peggy getting her own little one shot would be friggin awesome and I hope its true!  Haley did such a good job and its a shame that she can't return for future Cap movies, so it's great that we can still get more Haley/Peggy.  As much as I kinda hope for it, I doubt we'd see like a Hawkeye one shot, but it'd great to see some more minor characters show up in these, outside of Coulson.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Oh yeah, I read about that Peggy One-Shot.  I wonder what it'd be about?  Some kind of adventure she has in WWII, I'd assume.  I kinda hope it doesn't make her out to be Cap-obsessed or anything, though.  Of course, she's gonna be sad about what happened to him, but it doesn't need to be the only thing happening in her life. Cap kinda had other things to do when he woke up, after all.  They should do fine, though, based on how awesome she was in Cap.

Rogue_Shadow1

in reply to Rogue_Shadow1

The first pics of Falcon are out and...yeah.  Way too generic for my taste.  I hope he gets something a bit more unique with some color as the movie goes on.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

I agree with you, Hawk.  While I realize he's a SHIELD agent and they probably don't want to be extremely faithful to his 616 costume (which I think would look pretty ridiculous) I still think what they gave him here is pretty generic.  It's a regular soldier outfit with wings added.

Jadryx1

in reply to Jadryx1

Yeah, Hawkeye and Widow both have pretty toned down costumes, but they're still unique.  Like ya said, what Falcon is wearing looks like what any other SHIELD agent would be wearing instead of something tailored for him.  Maybe when they CGI in the wings they'll have a bit of red on them and he'll look more unique.

Hawkeye Level 74
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS