cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

HeroHQ

Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

in reply to Jadryx1

I'm none too thrilled by that concept art.  I don't know why they just don't do a slightly altered version of his WWII costume instead of using his Director of SHIELD costume he had when he wasn't even Cap at the time.  Its hard to tell with that pose, but hopefully they at least add some red into it.  I think that might be a stripe of red along his side, but I want more than a two little stripes.  I also hope the football shoulder pads look better than they do on this concept art.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

I mostly like the new costume.  I liked the WWII one more from the first movie, but I'll take this costume over the Avengers one. I just wasn't a fan of it, for some reason.  Looked like it was made out of plastic or something, you know?  This one is closer to the WWII one than that one was, at least, though it's not perfect or anything.

Rogue_Shadow1

in reply to Rogue_Shadow1

The Avengers one wasn't great, but it at least looked like a Captain America costume.  It needed a better helmet and could've been designed better so Chris doesn't look so skinny though.  I hate that it seems like every character that works for SHIELD in the movie gets all the color drained from their costumes, like what happened to the X-Men and the awful leather jumpsuits.  Cap isn't gonna be going deep undercover or sneaking through shadows like Batman, so what's the point of giving him such a monotone costume?  Cap is gonna be busting through windows, jumping off planes, and all sorts of crazy stuff.  Let him wear the old red, white, and blue.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Yeah, the colors definitely aren't that great for this one, that's for sure.  I want the WWII one from the original Cap movie basically, since I really liked that costume.  I'm just glad they aren't reusing the one from Avengers.  At least it's not like what happened to Clint's costume.  Cap's not suddenly going around maskless and wearing black! 

Rogue_Shadow1

in reply to Jadryx1

That's friggin awesome and kinda funny.  Nothing against Chris Evans, but a young Robert Redford would've played the best Cap ever.  Really excited to see him join Cap 2 and it's interesting how they compare his role to Ralph Feinnes in Skyfall.  All the more reason for you to see Skyfall, Jad, so I can talk about it without spoiling you, haha.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

I wonder who Redford's gonna play.  I guess we do need more SHIELD-related people with Coulson probably not showing up in the movie, but he seems a bit too big a name to just be a normal SHIELD agent. 

Rogue_Shadow1

in reply to Hawkeye

Trust me Hawk, you're not the only one saying that about young Redford.

OP_12

in reply to Jadryx1

Batroc the Leaper is coming to Cap 2!  George St Pierre got the part so I expect to see some pretty awesome martial arts and fights in this movie!  I doubt we'll see Batroc do too much talking though since I doubt GSP has much acting experience, but we already have Winter Soldier, Crossbones, Armin Zola, and Zemo filling up the villain roster.  I know some people are worrying about there being too many villains, but the hero side has Cap, Falcon, Sharon Carter, and Widow so I think it evens out.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Wow, the cast for the movie's getting pretty big.  I guess having actual named villains is a nice alternative to having Cap fight  generic Hydra agents all the time, though.  Either way, this movie can be pretty awesome.

Rogue_Shadow1

in reply to Rogue_Shadow1

Yeah, I think we can expect some cooler fight scenes since Cap will have stronger enemies to fight.  Cap really shouldn't have a hard time with nameless Hydra grunts, but Batroc is more skilled and gonna put up a better fight.

Hawkeye Level 74
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS