Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

HeroHQ

Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

in reply to Rogue_Shadow1

A little casting news.....a veteran actor is joining the cast.  The last movie I remember Robert Redford in was Sneakers...and that was a long time ago (kinda funny since it also has Ben Kingsley who is in IM3!)

Level 34

in reply to Jadryx1

The script for TWS has to be something special if they can get a legend like Robert Redford because he rarely acts anymore unless it's something good. Or, it could just be that he has a thing for political thrillers.

Level 1

in reply to OP_12

Pardon my ignorance, but where was it confirmed the good Baron was in the movie?

Level 1

in reply to OP_12

Not officially by Marvel or Disney, but no one has come out to deny it either.  I put the link a few dozen replies back, haha.

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Filming has begun!  (and here's the first official image)

Unless Zemo is a surprise in the movie it doesn't look like we'll see him.  Sounds like Black Widow should have a pretty decent sized role in the movie though (Hawkeye must be on some special assignment somewhere.....right?)

Level 34

in reply to Jadryx1

The still looks pretty good!  Looks like Cap is getting another new costume that's a bit closer to his one from the first movie.  His pants have the same bagginess to them and it looks like he has fingerless gloves.

I think we could still see Zemo, but like you said he might kept as a surprise.  I'm resigned to Hawkeye not showing up beyond MAYBE a two minute cameo, though even that seems a bit unlikely.  IMDB says Renner is off filming a movie about a con artist and mobsters so he's probably busy with that.  I'll just be in the corner crying over the movie universe's neglect of Clint, haha.  Hopefully, Natasha and Cap are awesome to help make up for it!

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Well, the movie cast is pretty big as it is. Steve, Widow, Bucky, Crossbones, Fury, Maria Hill, Falcon, Zola, Batroc, Peggy AND Sharon, plus Robert Redford as Alexander Pierce. Do they even have room for Hawkeye?

Level 1

in reply to OP_12

It looks like Batroc will only be popping up as a cameo.  GSP said in a recent interview Marvel asked him to grow out his hair and he'll be flying to LA for a week to film his scene.  I kinda hope he has a line or two cause he has a thick French accent that's perfect for Batroc and it'd be so fun to hear him trash talk Cap, haha.

Here's a link with the video!

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

It's probably fine for Batroc to just be a quick cameo, since it's not like he's a major character, and they're not lacking villains right now. 

Yeah, I wouldn't really expect Hawkeye to make the movie, which is too bad.  Looks like his next appearance won't be until Avengers 2, since he wouldn't be in Guardians of the Galaxy or anything.  I just hope they actually get him right in the next movie.  I'm hoping the reason he didn't have many funny lines was because he was brainwashed most of the time, and not because they don't know how to write him.  It's too bad, too, since Renner's probably the best Clint they could get for the movie, too. 

Level 43

in reply to Rogue_Shadow1

Cap 2.bmp

Concept art that may show us what Cap's new suit will look like. 

I'm not completely in love with it, but I think it looks good. At first I thought there needed to be a few more red accents somehow but I didn't see the stripes on the torso very well.  They are still there so that's good.  This may not be final (the promotional art for The Avengers even looked a little different from the movie version....ears showing vs. covered)  I can see how they might go for a little more subdued look with muted colors (it is supposed to be more of an espionage thriller), but I still want Cap to stand out from the typical SHIELD agent.

Level 34
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS
This widget could not be displayed.