Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

HeroHQ

Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

in reply to Hawkeye

I bet we'll know who is playing who by the time they start filming later this year (I think in March).

@RS - I can keep the casting news straight, so it must not be an age thing you're having problems with, right?

Level 34

in reply to Jadryx1

Unless you've become so old that you've basically lapped old age, so now you're memory is as good as it was in your youth?  Or maybe it has to do with your cyborg avatar improving your memory by giving you a computerized brain?

Level 43

in reply to Rogue_Shadow1

It has been reported that Emily VanCamp is the new female lead.  My first thought was "who?" so I really don't know what to think on this one.  Marvel has had good luck with 'lesser known' actors playing parts so hopefully this works out well too.

Level 34

in reply to Jadryx1

Yeah, I didn't know who she was, either, though I guess that Revenge show that she's on is pretty popular, even though I remember the commercials for it looking really lame.  I expect it'll work out just fine, as long as the writing is good, though.  I can't think of a lot of actors in Marvel's movies that have really been bad or anything.

Level 43

Yeah, I don't who she is either, but Marvel usually does a good job of casting and they've been trying to cast Sharon for months so she must be good to finally win the part against a lot of competition.

I'm getting a bit worried about Hawkeye appearing in the movie.  There hasn't been any hints about Renner appearing in Cap and ya would think there would be by now.  I don't wanna want till Avengers 2 for more Clint, but it looks like that might be the case.

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Yeah, I'm thinking he probably won't be in the movie.  I guess I wouldn't wanna have him just show up in a minor role where he might get treated like he was in Avengers, but it'd be nice if the writers for this movie wanted to use him in the movie and actually write him well.  It seems kinda weird to not have him appear in any movie before Avengers 2, though I guess Hulk won't appear until then, either, as far as I know...

Level 43

That's true, but everyone already knows who Hulk is and his story.  Hawkeye was barely in the Avengers and not written very well so his absense from Cap misses a big chance to explore the character.  Of course, I'm pretty biased on this matter so maybe I'm wrong, haha.  Maybe he could at least pop up in SHIELD, but I wouldn't count on it.

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Everyone should know who Hawkeye is though because he's the coolest one... Though that's definitely true that none of Clint's background has been established.  Avengers at least had plenty of references to Black Widow's past, even though she never had her own movie.  Not to mention that she was in Iron Man 2 beforehand, while Hawkeye never got any background info in and only had the tiny role in Thor.  I wouldn't count on a big actor like Jeremy Renner popping up in a TV series, either, even though I think the show could end up being a big hit.  Movie actors are usually pretty snobby about TV.  Actually, most people involved in making movies generally turn up their noses at TV shows.  Not just the actors.

Level 43

I think that used to be the case, but it hasn't been lately with the amount of praise TV shows are getting.  Ya have Kevin Bacon starring in a show on Fox, Steve Buscemi starring in the HBO show about gangsters, Sean Bean was in Game of Thrones, and Keri Russel is starring in The Americans (which is pretty awesome so far).  Still, I wouldn't say it's guaranteed to see Renner as Clint on SHIELD.  Maria Hill and Sam Jackson as Fury will likely pop up for an episode, but they're more supporting characters to the Avengers and not Avengers themselves.

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Yeah, there are some cases of big-time movie actors starring in TV shows, but they're definitely the exception, rather than the rule, I'd say.  It'd be the best thing ever to have an episode of SHIELD with a well-written Clint (you know, one with an actual sense of humor...) guest-starring, but I'm not exactly gonna hold my breath.  I've been hearing that Cobie Smulders is actually talking with the people on SHIELD to have a pretty decent role on the show, rather than just being in an  episode or two, even with the new season of How I Met Your Mother, so there might be more Maria Hill than you'd think.

Level 43
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS