cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

HeroHQ

Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

in reply to Rogue_Shadow1

Not sure, but Cap is getting a whole new cast since everyone outside of Bucky will be dead or very old so she could end up with a pretty nice role.  The only characters we know that will be in Cap 2 is Cap, Falcon, Sharon, Bucky as a villain and now Natasha.  I expect we'll see at least one more big villain throw into it, but that isn't too much.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Not that we expected him to return in CA:TWS but sounds like Hugo Weaving wouldn't really care if Red Skull never made another appearance.  He signed up for multiple pictures so I guess it's still possible, but I don't know if I would want Marvel to force him to reprise his role and then end up with a performance that suffers (althouh being a professional one would hope he would still try and do a good job)

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=68705

I thought he did a good job in CA:TFA.  His appearance was perfect, but that's all makeup/special effects.  As much as I would like to keep the role consistent, Marvel has had to re-cast parts before and this one could still work if they needed to get another actor.

Jadryx1

in reply to Jadryx1

That's a shame, I liked him as the Red Skull.  I can understand that sitting in the make up chair for several hours while they turn his head into the Red Skull probably isn't fun and he's already famous enough that he doesn't really need the part.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Haley Atwell has confirmed that she won't return for TWS.  Kinda bummed, as I really liked her in TFA.  If they do incorporate flashbacks into TWS I guess there won't be any that involve Peggy.  I think she had a multiple picture deal so I wonder how/if Marvel will ever decide to use that character in some way again.

Jadryx1

in reply to Jadryx1

I heard about that and its a bit of a disappoint, since Hayley was awesome, though it isn't too much of a surprise.  I can't wait to hear more news about Winter Soldier!  Still got my fingers crossed my favorite Bowslinger will make his way into it.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Hawk's favorite bowslinger?  No idea who that could be...

But I heard that news, too, and I guess I'm not too surprised.  I'm still not sure how much flashback vs. current day stuff there's gonna be yet, but this makes me think it won't be too flashback-heavy.  If it was, it would  seem out of place for her to never be around for the flashbacks, you know?  I also do kinda wonder if there's a possibility of her showing up in a third movie or something as Sharon Carter, though...

Rogue_Shadow1

I think if we get any flashbacks they'd be about Bucky and Peggy wouldn't really figure into them.  I don't think Hayley will play Sharon, I remember a few months ago there was news about them casting for a female love interest so it's likely they're getting someone new.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

I forgot about that news.  I can't remember if they ever officially casted anyone, though.  Sometimes, all the casting rumors all get mixed together, and it's tough to keep 'em straight.  Maybe, I'm just getting old...

Rogue_Shadow1

No, I don't think it was ever announced who got the part.  Maybe they don't wanna "spoil" Sharon being in Cap 2 so they're keeping it secret for now.

Hawkeye Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Yeah, that'd make sense.  Though I'm not sure the story even really needs much of a love interest for Cap, honestly.  Between him adjusting to the modern world, dealing with Bucky as the Winter Soldier, and the big villain that you'd think would be lurking behind the scenes, Cap's gonna be plenty busy already.  Though I can't think of a superhero movie without some type of love story mixed in (except The Avengers, I guess), so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Rogue_Shadow1
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS