cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guitar Not Syncing on Xbox One

Guitar Hero Live Support

Guitar Not Syncing on Xbox One

I recently picked up Guitar Hero Live for xbox one from costco and when I had everything set up and ready to go, I tried to sync the guitar and nothing. The lights were blinking rapidly on both the guitar and on the usb dongle but it just doesn't sync. I figured it was the controller so I took the game and controller back and got another one. Brought it home and set it up and the same issue occurred. Now before I get the whole step by step process on troubleshooting this problem that I've seen on other posts, I've tried that already a dozen times over. I'm not sure why but I only got the controller to sync and stay synced for about half an hour before it just disconnected again. I did it this by unplugging the usb and then turning off and unplugging the console and left it like that for about 15 mins or so. After that I plugged Everything back in and turned on the console and immediately tried to sync the guitar (before the homescreen even popped up) and for that one brief moment it actually worked and I was able to play. Ever since then I've been trying to replicate that process to see if it was a consistent solution but nope apparently it just seems like the guitar just syncs when it want to, which is like 2% of the time. I need real help on this one, because like I said before I've tried all the other solutions that I've seen posted by the support reps on other posts, and nothing has worked. I've tried turning off the system. I've tried using different usb ports on the console, I've tried booting up the game first and then sync, etc. i don't know if its and issue with the guitar (mostly suspicious of the usb because thats what I've read is the root cause of many of the issues people are having) or if its my console.

SupahScamp
3 REPLIES

Re: Guitar Not Syncing on Xbox One

in reply to SupahScamp

Greetings SupahScamp,

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues connecting your Guitar Controller to the Dongle, respectively your Xbox One.  Do you have any other devices connected to the Xbox One, wired or wireless (eg: Kinect, wireless controllers, external HDD, etc), besides the Dongle? In which USB ports have you tried placing the Dongle? Also, do you have a multitude of devices that work on wireless data around the play area?

Meanwhile, let's give the following steps a try:

1. Turn off regular console controllers and any other device that is connected, wired or wireless, to the console.
  2. Turn off the console by using the power button. If the power button is set to place your console in rest/sleep mode, make sure to remove the power cable from the back.
  3. Turn off the Guitar Controller by using the Power Button found on the Guitar under the Whammy Bar. (next to the GHTV button)
  4. Remove Dongle from the console.
  5. Wait approximately 3 minutes and then place Dongle securely in the  USB slot found on the side of the Xbox.
  6. Once the 3 minutes are up and the Dongle is securely inserted in the console, turn back on the console using the Power Button.
  7. In the moment the console is on, without opening any application, start syncing your Guitar Controller. Steps for doing that are:   Press Power Button on Guitar Controller once so the lights flash slowly > Press Power Button on Guitar once again so the lights flash rapidly > Press Button on the back of the Dongle and wait 5 seconds for the lights to be static on both Guitar and Dongle.

If you're still experiencing issues after these steps, please contact us back so we can further assist, and include the information requested above.

Best Regards ^SP

Player Support

in reply to ATVISupport

Nothing is working

Jvricho

in reply to SupahScamp

you can bring your canine companion on vehicle flights. BestDogHarness The no-pull D-ring assists uniformly Best Dog Harness disperse stress along your pet dog's body.

grish12
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS