cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music Discovery Thread

Guitar Hero Live Off Topic

Guitar Hero Live forum is GO.  

I'm sure that there are a lot of forumers with a passion for music.

For me, finding new music is a treat. We all know about the bands / artists that play on MTV and that are on radio. However, there are thousands of bands and singer/ songwriters that deserve to be in the mainstream, but never get the chance. The one thing I love about going to a music festival is that you stumble upon music that you can't believe you haven't heard before.

That is what this thread is all about !!!!

This thread is the opportunity for you to share with the rest of the forum music that you reckon should be mainstream, should be heard, and deserves recognition. The vast majority of musicians never make it big, just because they lacked a little luck.

Also, I'm sure that there are bands from your own country that just haven't broken internationally. Break down those walls people . My personal goal is to be able to go down to the record store and pick up some music suggested by you.

................................................................................................................

So please allow me to get the Rockin' Ball a Rollin'      (And forgive my Aussie bias )

This young lass hails from downunder. I saw her at the Byron Bay Bluesfest Festival. All I can say is WOW. A great set of pipes; she rocks the guitar too. She is a rock chick that would laugh in the face of a glass ceiling and smash it for fun.

I present to you: Dallas Frasca.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talk about talent !!

This one man band has it in bucket loads. This track is off the album Detail of Distance. I present to you, Australia's own KIm Churchill.

------------------------=--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continuing on with the Aussie theme. The following guy is brilliant on stage. Seem him a few times (with his own band, and with his old band) - his energy is infectious on stage. If you like the following, you're damn sure going to love him live. Brilliant Australian Blues Rock.

Introducing Marshall Okell   (nee - Marshall and the Fro)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok........... now it's your turn.      Turn it up to 11.       I can't wait to hear the bands/artists that you guys and gals bring to the table.   Rock On ! 

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

Moderator Moderator
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Definitely a nice selection of songs there. I'll be headbanging the night away!

I typically jump on iTunes when I'm bored and listen to hundreds of song demos just so I can walk away with a few that leave me in music ecstasy. As much as I enjoy rock, I usually prefer songs that take a more gentler approach.  Here is a small collection of songs that I believe are not too well known:

Baba Yetu - Christopher Tin

Devil On My Shoulder - Billy Talent III

Run Boy Run - Woodkid (His whole album is amazing. This is my favorite one from it)

Sons & Daughters - The Decemberists

Welcome Home - Radical Face

TopFighter | Community Forum Moderator
Moderator Moderator
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS