cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing/Getting Paid to Play

SOLVED

Guitar Hero Live General Discussion

I don't play very many video games but I was very good at Guitar Hero back in the day. I used to always go to youtube to watch videos people put up of different songs and I now know how to use all those editing programs so I can easily make them. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can test just this one game and also if Guitar Hero pays people to make those videos or if they ever made money off of them?

WoodyLovesYou
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
in reply to WoodyLovesYou
Solution

Hi WoodyLovesYou

This role exists in the game industry, it's called Quality Assurance. FreeStyleGames currently aren't hiring QA guys right now to test Guitar Hero. but if you're interested in QA as a career, here's a good link- LINK FreeStyleGames, who make Guitar Hero Live, have all their current vacancies here.

It sounds like if you're into editing, you'd be great to make YouTube videos and things like that, check out Freddie Wong and the stuff he does, he's pretty rad. LINK

Hope this helps,

Stevie

View solution in original post

FreeStyleStevie
3 REPLIES 3

You mean the gameplay videos on youtube?

I made videos as well of all guitar hero songs but we don't get paid for them.

GreenAlienGH
in reply to WoodyLovesYou
Solution

Hi WoodyLovesYou

This role exists in the game industry, it's called Quality Assurance. FreeStyleGames currently aren't hiring QA guys right now to test Guitar Hero. but if you're interested in QA as a career, here's a good link- LINK FreeStyleGames, who make Guitar Hero Live, have all their current vacancies here.

It sounds like if you're into editing, you'd be great to make YouTube videos and things like that, check out Freddie Wong and the stuff he does, he's pretty rad. LINK

Hope this helps,

Stevie

View solution in original post

FreeStyleStevie
Highlighted

Freestyle games should fire their current QA department and hire a new one.  There are severe problems with the quality of the guitar controller and I find it impossible to believe proper testing would not have found the problem before release.  Unless Activision decided to ship the game broken anyway, which wouldn't surprise me.

Ruger1213
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS
custom.activision.cookie_disclaimer