cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few Questions Before I Buy This Game

SOLVED

Guitar Hero Live General Discussion

I have found it painstakingly difficult to get answers to a few basic questions about this game, every review I've seen has been so vague, so I'll ask them here. Thanks in advance for any help!

Is there online multiplayer? I've seen on google there WAS, but the Gamespot review said there wasn't.

If there is online multiplayer, is it ONLY versus mode? Can you do coop or other game modes?

Also, is singing part of the online multiplayer? If it is, does singing have leaderboards?

Finally, another online multiplayer question. If it does exist, is it possible to play with friends? Or are you stuck with whoever you're matched with? Also, are the songs that come on the disc eligible for online multiplayer? Or is it only the GHTV channels?

I know this is a lot, but I can't find the answers anywhere, and I'd like to know before buying it. Thanks a ton!

Bruce755
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Before I answer your questions, do NOT buy this game in the current state.  There are widespread issues with the strum bar not registering properly and connection issues with the dongle.  I am returning my game today because it is impossible to string together more than a few notes when downstrumming.  Upstrumming works fine for some reason.

1.  yes, there is online multiplayer...kind of.  When you play GHTV you are grouped with 10 players and there is a leaderboard to the left of your frets.  The higher you place the more points you get to level up and early plays.

2.  If you can do online coop, I haven't seen it.

3.  No idea about singing

4.  Again, you might be able to group with friends, but I wasn't able to connect with anyone specifically.

I would still recommend not buying this game until Activision addresses the hardware issues.  Just search for problems with the strumming and you'll see how many people are reporting it.  there is a huge thread on reddit and other forums.  Activision support as usual is terrible, telling people it is a calibration problem.  Except, that I can get 100% if I upstrum, so it is clearly not a calibration problem.

View solution in original post

Ruger1213
3 REPLIES 3

Before I answer your questions, do NOT buy this game in the current state.  There are widespread issues with the strum bar not registering properly and connection issues with the dongle.  I am returning my game today because it is impossible to string together more than a few notes when downstrumming.  Upstrumming works fine for some reason.

1.  yes, there is online multiplayer...kind of.  When you play GHTV you are grouped with 10 players and there is a leaderboard to the left of your frets.  The higher you place the more points you get to level up and early plays.

2.  If you can do online coop, I haven't seen it.

3.  No idea about singing

4.  Again, you might be able to group with friends, but I wasn't able to connect with anyone specifically.

I would still recommend not buying this game until Activision addresses the hardware issues.  Just search for problems with the strumming and you'll see how many people are reporting it.  there is a huge thread on reddit and other forums.  Activision support as usual is terrible, telling people it is a calibration problem.  Except, that I can get 100% if I upstrum, so it is clearly not a calibration problem.

View solution in original post

Ruger1213

I am not having the same issues everyone else seems to be having, I pre-ordered the 2 guitar controller edition of the game and the only problem I had was getting both guitars to sync but once I sorted it out it has been working great, no issues.  as far as your questions go:

There is online multiplayer called GHTV, although you do not get to pick who you are playing with the system matches you with other players to compete on a song. I believe there are about 100 songs in GHTV but not 100% on that.

You can play local co-op in the "Quickplay" and also in the GHTV as well, just as long as you have two controllers.  The "campaign" or "Live" mode is only single player.

You can use a mic but I haven't done it in Quickplay mode, not sure on GHTV.

Once you go through Live mode you start to unlock songs when you play each set.  However in both Live and GHTV you can create playlists so you are not tied to just 1 song at a time.

I have seen a lot of negative reviews here, and it sucks that people are having problems but my kids and I are having a great time with the game.

Hope this helps

Good Luck,

UCD_28004141856
Highlighted

Thank you both, very helpful.

Bruce755
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS
custom.activision.cookie_disclaimer