cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difficulty face off

Guitar Hero 5

GH5 better not have me playing some medium player and I some how loose on expert even though we both hit all of our notes,cause some how the medium player gets more points on held notes .The expert player shouldn't be punished for playing a harder difficulty unless they use star power at the wrong time or miss a note but other wise this game should be amazing from the rest GHs from what iv seen.

Eso_209
8 REPLIES 8

PFOs are horrible when your opponent plays on a lower difficult. i've lost on numerous occasions to folks on playing on medium.

thegooche

I believe they fixed this in GH5 so don't worry you'll only be facing expert players and the medium players against other medium players!

SenorDude

Link?

thegooche

Not if you read the blogs on the first couple of pages...

[url:3v3zlfma]http://hub.guitarhero.com/GH-competitive-modes-pro-face-off[/url:3v3zlfma]

"It is worth mentioning however, that our matchmaking algorithm puts the highest priority on finding a match between equal difficulty settings. Our goal is to get as many players playing the best game they can, within a reasonable amount of time."

"Priority," meaning if it CAN'T find a match between equal difficulty settings... well, you figure it out.

goldenfoxx

we can only hope there will be more available opponents now that export has been implemented.

thegooche

thegooche wrote:

we can only hope there will be more available opponents now that export has been implemented.

I don't know, Gooche, was the problem really the lack of exportability? Or was the problem that number of users just don't have Xbox Live/PSN access or the desire to compete? Or was the problem the (lack of a) lobby itself? God, it was so much easier to find players back on GH3.

goldenfoxx

^what i've noticed recently is that WT has no one on PFO. but on SH, PFOs are much easier to find a match.

clearly the newest release will get the largest pool of players. but that sucks considering SH's limited setlist. i'm hoping the combination of new release and a large soundtrack will increase the amount of PFOers.

GH3's PFO system was amazing. i can only assume the lack of PFOs on WT is due to a more co-op oriented crowd now that full band play is possible.

thegooche
Highlighted

thats nice of them to add a better match making system as long as i play a expert player most the time ill be happy but if i play some medium player we better have at least equal scores if we both FC.Thank you Goldenfoxx for pointing that link out for me

Eso_209
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS