cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Guitar Hero 5 Music Compatibility Info Thread

Guitar Hero 5

Re: Official Guitar Hero 5 Music Compatibility Inf...

in reply to Neversoft

Ugh, I was expecting some other songs from World tour, like What I've done (the only linkin park song I like), eye of the tiger, crazy train, hotel california,rebel yell or Pull me under

metalfenix

in reply to Neversoft

I've got a question about WT DLC on the Wii:

When I purchased my DLC I put it on a 2GB SD card. In order to have room for exporting WT & SH I now have a 32GB SDHC card. Do I need to re-download my WT DLC to my SDHC through the WT Music Store or can I do that through the GH5 Music Store?

RadiDaddy

in reply to Neversoft

Damn this will be the perfect game !!

Eskobar666

in reply to Neversoft

RadiDaddy wrote:

When I purchased my DLC I put it on a 2GB SD card. In order to have room for exporting WT & SH I now have a 32GB SDHC card. Do I need to re-download my WT DLC to my SDHC through the WT Music Store or can I do that through the GH5 Music Store?

My understanding is that WT will not recognize the SDHC cards, only the SD card. The GH5 store isn't up yet, but I never thought to check the WT store last night. I would anticipate that you will just need to swap cards when you want to play WT. When you import the songs from WT/SH/DLC, you need to redownload them regardless, so they can go on the new SDHC card.

Again, this is based on my understanding, but I haven't tested it yet, so I wouldn't stake my life on the truth of my answerSmiley Happy

sirtoast

in reply to Neversoft

sirtoast wrote:

RadiDaddy wrote:

My understanding is that WT will not recognize the SDHC cards, only the SD card. The GH5 store isn't up yet, but I never thought to check the WT store last night. I would anticipate that you will just need to swap cards when you want to play WT. When you import the songs from WT/SH/DLC, you need to redownload them regardless, so they can go on the new SDHC card.

Again, this is based on my understanding, but I haven't tested it yet, so I wouldn't stake my life on the truth of my answerSmiley Happy

Sorry, sirtoast, I should have mentioned that I already transferred 3 songs in WT to the SDHC card (and they show up in the GH5 quickplay list, but are unplayable until I get the update from the GH5 music store). I was just wondering if I have to do this with all my DLC. With the songs in Wii System Memory, there is a utility in GH5 to archive them to the SDHC. My main concern is if I have enough Wii System Memory to handle all the DLC or if I have to swap discs and do it in batches.

And one point you make DID give me trouble -- neither WT nor GH5 wanted to recognize my SDHC card. After phone calls to Nintendo and SanDisk proved unproductive, I went to Wii System>Data Management and waited for the Wii to fully recognize the SDHC. After that I had no problems.

RadiDaddy

in reply to Neversoft

Really disappointing news on the GHSH announcement. I understand that the GHWT would be too much to tackle this close to release, but a mere 21 songs from the Smash Hits? Again like the GHWT list, many of these are already available in RB. Having not yet bought GHSH, I see absolutely no incentive to ever pick up a copy now. For me, my 10 must have songs didn't make the cut:

Alice In Chains - "Them Bones"

Blue Oyster Cult - "Godzilla"

Danzig - "Mother"

Deep Purple - "Smoke on the Water"

Heart - "Barracuda"

Ozzy Osbourne - "Bark at the Moon"

Queen - "Killer Queen"

Stone Temple Pilots - "Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart"

The Donnas - "Take It Off"

Warrant - "Cherry Pie"

Oh well, maybe we can see some more music pulled from GH, GH2, and GHE80s and given the GH5 treatment...the current import list is underwhelming at this point.

frankenskank

in reply to Neversoft

RadiDaddy wrote:

Sorry, sirtoast, I should have mentioned that I already transferred 3 songs in WT to the SDHC card (and they show up in the GH5 quickplay list, but are unplayable until I get the update from the GH5 music store). I was just wondering if I have to do this with all my DLC. With the songs in Wii System Memory, there is a utility in GH5 to archive them to the SDHC. My main concern is if I have enough Wii System Memory to handle all the DLC or if I have to swap discs and do it in batches.

And one point you make DID give me trouble -- neither WT nor GH5 wanted to recognize my SDHC card. After phone calls to Nintendo and SanDisk proved unproductive, I went to Wii System>Data Management and waited for the Wii to fully recognize the SDHC. After that I had no problems.

Huh...I was sure that you needed to completely redownload all of the DLC, due to changes in vocal starpower and Band Moments, and that you couldn't simply copy them over via system memory.

Thanks for the tip on the Data Management though, I'll check that out when I get home from work

sirtoast

in reply to Neversoft

frankenskank wrote:

Really disappointing news on the GHSH announcement. I understand that the GHWT would be too much to tackle this close to release, but a mere 21 songs from the Smash Hits? Again like the GHWT list, many of these are already available in RB. Having not yet bought GHSH, I see absolutely no incentive to ever pick up a copy now. For me, my 10 must have songs didn't make the cut:

Alice In Chains - "Them Bones"

Blue Oyster Cult - "Godzilla"

Danzig - "Mother"

Deep Purple - "Smoke on the Water"

Heart - "Barracuda"

Ozzy Osbourne - "Bark at the Moon"

Queen - "Killer Queen"

Stone Temple Pilots - "Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart"

The Donnas - "Take It Off"

Warrant - "Cherry Pie"

Oh well, maybe we can see some more music pulled from GH, GH2, and GHE80s and given the GH5 treatment...the current import list is underwhelming at this point.

Well, during the review in IGN about the import, Activision will get the rest of the songs in the coming weeks and all of Smash Hits into the import feature.

shadow18

in reply to Neversoft

Oh crud, sirtoast! You could be right! I hadn't thought about the updated files.

Edit: I guess what it comes down to is whether the GH5 store "knows" what my previously purchased DLC is and whether it will then update those OR does it check the SD (or SDHC) to see what has already been downloaded and needs to be updated. Since you can use an SD card with your already-purchased DLC in GH5 and it is made compatible via the Music Store, it seems to me that putting them on my SDHC wouldn't hurt anything and it just becomes a matter of whether I HAVE to have them on the SDHC already for GH5 to know I already purchased them. Does that make sense?

RadiDaddy

in reply to Neversoft

majTahahl wrote:

9572AD wrote:

I'm glad to be able to get some previous content into GH5 (finally!), but I'm also rather let down that it is less than half of the set list.

Even that snorefest Rock Band managed better than that right from the start, and you're on major release 5 with 4 minor releases. (okay, actually only major release 3 from you, but still...)

Is this the final final list, or is re-licensing ongoing?

yeah they're still relicensing, apart from that though im positive they're doing it this way to reduce server load. if its roughly 1.3 gig for 35 songs, then it'll be over 3 gigs to download all the songs (minus the hendrix ones and whatever else never manages to export) and that's just world tour songs. plus there's the compatibility patch, along with any dlc people might be downloading. it's just not practical to make everything available at once.

i might be wrong, but i was under the impression that rock band exported from the disc rather than downlolading the songs- very different circumstances.

I think you're on to something

greenlep
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS