cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GH5 Challenges

Guitar Hero 5

I noticed that one of the challenges requires that you upstrum only so many notes to unlock the challenge. My question is, i wonder if the upstrum system is going to register on the older guitars? On Rock Band, ONLY the RB guitar will register upstrums and tell you at the end like "unique strummer" or whatever. I really don't want to have to buy the GH5 guitar just to unlock a challenge.

iMatt1337
15 REPLIES 15

It knows if you strummed up or down, but in a normal song they don't feel it necessary to tell you.

DarkFlashlight

Awesome, that's some good news. I love my GH2 Xplorer too much to get rid of it lol

iMatt1337

It kinda has to tell the difference... It would be weird if you up-strummed in the menu and the selection went down...

Darkblaze53

Lol no i don't literally mean an upstrum going up in the menu. I mean will the older guitars be able to tell a difference. It could be the same switch sending the same signal, instead of two different switches sending two different signals deciphering between the two. You see what i mean lol.

iMatt1337

i normally upstrum. i was in a cast so i couldnt downstrum and so now i am trying to downstrum but i always upstrum on every guitar including the explorer and it worked fine

guitarband96

I was in a cast for 4 weeks and it actually made me better lol. It was weird cause i only had 3 exposed fingers haha. And it was at the time that GHM came out

iMatt1337

yeah me also and i had a cast upto my shoulder i could play expert then but now i can only play medium i kinda wish i had it and i kinda dont lol

guitarband96

My friend who got GH5 early said the challenges are really really fun, and one of his favorite parts about the game

iMatt1337

iMatt1337 wrote:

Lol no i don't literally mean an upstrum going up in the menu. I mean will the older guitars be able to tell a difference. It could be the same switch sending the same signal, instead of two different switches sending two different signals deciphering between the two. You see what i mean lol.

That was his point. If the game weren't able to recognize up strums from old guitars then you wouldn't be able to go up in the menu. The menu and the guitar playing are all part of the same game.

bluethree
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS
custom.activision.cookie_disclaimer