gamepad not charging

Ghosts Wii U

I've notived several times now that my gamepad is NOT charging while I'm playing cod: ghosts

Both times the gamepad battery was almost empty (the LED was on constantly which is an indicator for low battery power) and I started playing cod: ghosts. I plugged in the gamepad powercord, but after a few minutes of playing the LED started flickering (an indicator of VERY low battery power).

As soon as I stopped cod: ghosts and went back to nintendo's main screen the LED started being constantly on (which indicates battery loading when the powercord is plugged in).

This has happened to me twice now. As I bought the game 3 days ago I'm sure it will happen again soon.

Am I the only one with this problem?

bartjan
8 REPLIES 8

hmm i dont know if that helps, but sometimes if it wont charge,just plug it in another
socket to charge and it works again. o.o

[is it socket in english?  the things in the wall that provide you with electricity]

Kilano

I tried that: didn't work

bartjan

but the charger for the pad is stand-alone, it has nothing to do with the console or what game is in the drive...

BobbyMcGee

I'm just going to start off with one question first,,,,

Do you have your tv, console and charger all plugged into a multi socket coming out of one wall socket?

WiimotesRus02

The console and tv are plugged into the same socket, but the gamepad charger is using a different wallsocket. As stated above I also tried different wallsockets to no avail. It would only start charging when I closed cod ghosts.

bartjan

Well like someone said already, the game can't affect the charger, it sounds very strange to me and I can't help. I do have a lot of experience with re chargeable cells through model boat racing, but this is something else. For piece of mind though, I would buy a replacement cell and see if it still happens..

WiimotesRus02

this is interesting, only happened on one night. was playing and after about an hour my headset would sound funny then my gamepad would disconnect from the u. my u is 8 feet from the router and gamepad 4 feet away from the wiiu in a kind of right angled triangle. this happened alot and the pad light was bright red like the battery was dying.

RAGEmajichands

Just call Nintendo Support. I called when my WiiU wasnt turning on, and they were great.

ThtGyNTheBckgrn

Studios