Will the new SM 3D World bring more players?

Ghosts Wii U

Will the new Super Mario 3D World (possibly the game of the year) bring new players to the WiiU and in turn more players to the WiiU COD Titles?

Was going to pull the trigger (no pun intended) on the XBone until i looked closely at titles available and issues relating to controllers, optical drives, game resolution, RAM etc.  Will put this on hold for another 6 months or so to see how it improves.

In the mean time it will be a couple of new games for the kids, i.e. Super Mario and one or 2 others.

If families are looking for games for their kids (even the big ones) then nothing beats SM 3D World at the moment for fun imo.

Hopefully this increases the player base in COD games on the WiiU

Thoughts?

Ronin2012
8 REPLIES 8

More Wii U owners= More possible buyers of CoD on Wii U.

Then again, I'm the only person in my group of friends who buys 3rd party on Wii U. A few of them have Wii Us...for Zelda and Mario. Nothing else. Heck, they have Wiis as well....for Zelda, Mario,and Smash Brothers. No third parties.

Let's talk about Super Mario 3D world for a minute. I like it....but....it's no super mario galaxy. I think Nintendo set the bar extremely high with the Galaxy series. Those games were 100% fun, pure freaking fun. Ever since, I've never had a game that I've wanted to just put in and play for hours and hours and hours. It....it was just amazing. The music, the graphics, the controls, the level design.....everything about the Galaxy series was great IMO. Super Mario 3D world is a fun game, a great game, but it can't compete with the Galaxy Series. The levels aren't as creative, the controls are sloppy......the music is great and the art design is fantastic in some of the levels(My favorite so far being the the snow ones. The music makes me feel like I'm in Disney World). It's a great game that pales in comparison to its predecessor. I really hope Nintendo spews out another Galaxy game.

Padiego

Yeah i hear what you are saying, but like me i bought the wii for the kids a few years back and then ended up buying World at War for myself. Still playing COD on the wiiU 5 titles later. Much to the laughter of friends who have MS and Sony systems for this

Ronin2012

It will increase, no doubt about it, but probably not as much as we would like it to.

Nintendo sold 100million Wiis, but only 1%(some CoDs even less than that) bought CoD on it.

Padiego

3D world isnt supposed to replace Galaxy - it just cant.

I havent played it yet but i think it would be more fun and relaxing to play than anything thats out at the minute. I do like the look of forza 5 but would tire of it more easily based on my experience on forza 4 with flying cars and what not

Ronin2012

Getting those stars and stamps may cause you to lose your hair though.

Padiego

Well its already turning grey!!

Ronin2012

I believe Nintendo has already confirmed another Galaxy game is in the works. 

I liked Super Mario 3D Land.  I'm sure I'll like 3D World even more.  Now I just gotta find the time to play it. 

like2nap03

I could potentially.  I think it will definitely sell some systems.  Especially with all these bundles they have now.  Some of these deals are so good that sometimes I wish I had waited to buy mine, but then again I've been playing a lot of great games in the past year so I'm glad I got it at launch.  I've also got enough games lined up that I haven't opened yet to keep me busy all of next year so I'm pretty well set. 

like2nap03

Studios