My Report: Why I Did Not Buy Call of Duty Ghosts (Wii U)

Ghosts Wii U

If I worked for Treyacrh and was a CEO in the developer team. I'd get rid of all the BS like I.E.D.'s,  Nerf sniper rifles since they are a 1 shot and with QS STILL BEING IN THE GAME...it makes it even more powerful, fix the lag issue, open up the dedicated servers, make smaller maps, get rid of that scope attachment that lets you see people in bright white. People use that attachment and kill me across the map, and I can't see them at all from my point of view. Maybe add a marksman perk to see enemy names from a far distance. Get rid of the insta-deaths, etc. MW3 could have been the best game if it wasnt for deathstreaks, and akimbo machine pistols. BO2 could have been great w/o the OP sniper rifles, TGT Finders, etc. Can't they make a new cod game, w/o bull**** it's like they want to make bad players good. Every year they add something in the game to get people pissed off. Alotta previous CoD games could've been perfect if the BS was taken out. Don't they ever learn from their mistakes?

RawJustice

This post contains enough info to safely say no one would hire you to make a game, or manage any buisness for that matter. You want a game made specifically for you? Study up and get to work.

gotsomestars Level 75

Specifically made for me? When did I say that, everyone complains about it! You enjoyed dying by a target finder, deadmans hand, FMG9 akimbo's, quickscopers???? ... which on BO2, WIi U never got the nerf on snipers. Or is it because you used them, and can't get kills w/o them? I'm just stating the things that are most complained about from the majority of players. Why should they be in the game, some of these games would be perfect if it wasn't for BS.

RawJustice

The shitty support is what pisses me off the most about COD. Activision is too cheap to fix the flaws and make a quality game. I play BO1 all the time now and theres hackers everywhere, and the leaderboards are full of hackers and glitchers. Ive said this in the past, but they need to have 1 person whos job it is to check the leaderboards every day and delete the hackers. And that's not even getting into the glitches... they never patch the glitches once the new game comes out (probably to get more people to buy it). Just look at PS3 and PC, its impossible to play Mob of the Dead on BO2 because of a huge glitch that freezes the game, and there will likely never be a patch for it. Why? Activison is too cheap and lazy.

Rant over

Megadog14

Megadog14 wrote:

Activision is too cheap

What makes you say that?

WiimotesRus02

TL;DR.

Look, kid, no one cares about why you didn't get Ghosts. Your problems are literally every single Wii U player's problems. You aren't special.

That being said, my point isn't to be condescending. My point is that Activision already knows this. Do you think Bobby Kotick gives a damn about the Wii U? About conning so many folk out of their cash for a measly four maps every few months? The answer put bluntly is a resounding hell no he doesn't. From a near-direct quote from the greedy monster, Kotick doesn't pick up games that "don't have the potential to be exploited every year on every platform with clear sequel potential and have the potential to become $100 million dollar franchises. ... I think, generally, our strategy has been to focus... on the products that have those attributes and characteristics, the products that we know [that] if we release them today, we'll be working on them 10 years from now." (http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/11/05/why-activision-let-go-of-ghostbusters-and-50-cent-games/)

Again. Listing these complaints is futile. Activision - Kotick, really - does not give a god-damn about the problems of CoD. As long as it sells on the MicroSoNintendo XStationU w/a 7660G, they will continue to release garbage after garbage. That is how Kotick sees the world - in a business perspective, where what makes money is good and what doesn't is bad. There is no fairness in the business world; only what sells and what doesn't.

Now, I am not trying to blacklist the good folk of Treyarch. People like A_TREY_U are genuinely good people. However, the higherups of Activision will never allow CoD to get on a /quality/ level like, say, The Legend of Zelda or Super Mario.

I'm sorry. If you don't like CoD, don't buy it. It will never improve from this sorry state it is in. If you don't want to spend $60 every year, you can wait for those price drops; play different games; find new hobby; advance in your real life. I've already moved on from CoD; that is, I don't spend $60/year hoping that maybe the Great Lord above decreed that Activision would finally treat Nintendo correctly (or, rather, fairly according to the consumers; once again there is no 'fairness' in the business world).

Once more: if you don't like CoD, don't buy it. It will never improve from this sorry state.

VanitasZD

Look, kid, no one cares about why you didn't get Ghosts. Your problems are literally every single Wii U player's problems. You aren't special.

This was originally written for A_Trey_U and Dazran. The fact that i'm posting it here makes it easier to access for both of them. That's your opinion. I can care less if you feel this way as it was not intended for you. If i wanted to, i could have pm'ed a mod and told them i was going to post this, and then request the thread to be locked then after, but i decided not to so i could hear other peoples' opinions, and their thoughts on the paper its self.  If you want to denounce someone as being special, you should wait until they claim it or imply it A_Trey_U agreed to read the paper, which got me to push forward on writing it. Tell me, if you had the chance to present something like this to a developer and had a guarantee that they would read it, would you not take up on such a chance?

Again. Listing these complaints is futile. Activision - Kotick, really - does not give a god-damn about the problems of CoD

That's not really the point of having posted this. But to make note: This is pretty obvious.

I'm not ignorant of business or business practices. My dad, my grandfather and my great grandfather ran their own businesses (all different from eachother!) so i really can't be ignorant of such a thing. If management reads this and makes a or many changes to how things go, then that would be like a bonus on top of my intent of writing this.

Once more: if you don't like CoD, don't buy it. It will never improve from this sorry state.

Thanks, but i'm already aware.

Barolb

VanitasZD wrote:

TL;DR.

Look, kid, no one cares about why you didn't get Ghosts.

Don't even try and speak for me. I want to see stuff like this so others know my grief isn't just me or my internet set up as some people keep trying to point out..

WiimotesRus02

This was a good read and good points were made.

SinCaraxx

Good read. 

I can't help but think though that taking an extra year of dev time, while also adding in dedicated servers, could only make the game sell more.  Give this game more support and make it great.  When they stop working on it, they should take 2 years to make the next one.  Let us play the great game they worked so hard to patch for another year while they make the next one perfect.  Or at least close to it.  Then they can focus on dedicated servers, lag, glitches, weapon balance, way ahead of time.  using the time to kill as a factor in balance.  The visibility of IED's or just any other little thing that you can think of.  Imagine how much better these game would be if they came out ever two years instead of one.  I would gladly wait for that and pop down $60 on a preorder.  Plus the Wii U has too many good games coming out now.  I have to question whether I can afford them all and then try to find time to play them.  It's crazy.  Please make me wait another year before a new COD. 

like2nap03

Studios