Lag/ frame drops still present while hosting a match with the wii remote.

Ghosts Wii U

I Haven't Seen a thread about this So I thought I would mention it.

Hosting a match and using the wii remote causes the game to be unplayable If you happen to have a fast internet. Mine is 120mb down 10mb up with fast ping times in general. Uk based

The lag compensation and wii remote tandem still haven't been fixed properly, And its been this way since Black ops 1. Jumpy cursor. Poor frame rate

I Also play with the gamepad and its fine with this controller, it seem the game can keep up with my movement with duel sticks

Finally I feel that the issue of dying after only being hit once is more common when using the wii remote,(host or not)

Can people who use both controllers confirm that is the case?

It feels that the game is 1 second behind when using the wii remote in layman terms.

thanks chris

Rip_it_up
10 REPLIES 10

For me, framerate might go down occasionally but nothing (and I mean NOTHING) that get's in the way of smooth gameplay.  More so, I somehow have the feeling that being host gives me an advantage. (But this can also be my imagination) After surviving a year of hosting Nuketown in BO1 and another one at Carbon/Village in MW3 on the Wii I refuse to talk bad at hosting in Ghost Smiley Very Happy

Ryumaou

Yeah Im not saying that its say bad as the wii games, But This is the wii u, And it should have enough grunt to make hosting as pain free as it can be, I feel that the code need to be optimized rather than left because people have given up on having a better game.

I remember in the black ops days, the only way i could have a decent game was if i joined midway threw it, If not it always made me host.

One thing I miss from black ops is the tomahawk . I had about a 40% hit rate with them (about 4000 throws) With the throwing knife I cant hit a barn door, Im not sure if its because of the lag, its really weird its like they go threw the pesron.

Rip_it_up

Have you just been playing Ghost? Think i just played against you. My id is chris_uk

Rip_it_up

Though you're not on my recent player list, we might have met on the battleground yesterday if you played some Domination matches. I also spoke to one of my team mates about framerate drops for hosts and it seems he is also experiencing them (not the whole jumpy cursor thing though). He is also a Wii Remote user. I'm not sure wether he tried playing with gamepad or not though.

Ryumaou

These issues are not controller specific. Same on a ll platforms

BobbyMcGee

Lol on the wiimote damage comment btw. Yes, the game is singling you out for using a wiimote buffing damage.  Lmao...

BobbyMcGee

I don't think that game is singling me out, But when I play with the wii remote it appears that I hardly get hit and die, But when i play with the gamepad the damage taken on screen looks about right.

Im sure that its just because the frame rate is worse with the wii remote, and the game is catching up with my movement skipping frames in the process making it look that way.

Thats why I said it feels like when playing with the wii remote it feels like its 1 second behind the action.

Rip_it_up

I couldnt host on Blackops2 at all. If i did, i got lagged out that much that i could barely get a shot off. That  was the first COD game Ive ever experienced with a lag disadvantage. Im a wiimoter as well but I couldnt say that was the issue.

Ronin2012

i get big framrate issues when hosting. also the textures need way longer to get sharp. when the textures failling to load (getting sharp), my wiiu freezes every now then. few other friends i know have the same problems.

we all use the wiimote

sry for my bad english but i hope you know what i mean

Craszitt

Studios