Call of Duty Ghosts- World at War Control Scheme

Ghosts Wii U

Hi all,

Those of you who are regulars here know that I painstakingly recreate the default Wiimote control scheme from World at War for every Call of Duty Wii/U game, and this game is no exception.

Below is the recreated control scheme from World at War. It's not 100% perfect; as usual, as there are control variables in each game that are difficult to recreate, however I work under set criteria to ensure the speed of the camera and the cursor match World at War's as accurately as can be achieved.

Specifically, it takes 2.4 seconds for a full turn of the character, and I also calculate how fast the character turns at other points when the cursor is pointed at the screen by using measurements and arranging the camera speed and dead zone accordingly. I also test the controls for hours and jump between games to make sure they all feel similar enough to not cause any problems switching games in future.

Anyway, here they are. Feedback would be great. Genuine feedback, not "Oh, this is too slow for me". This matches World at War's defaults, if they're too slow for you, then fair enough.

Oh, and this game stupidly has different control settings for Singleplayer and Multiplayer (Online, Local, Squads and Extinction). You'll have to set them all individually, but I believe if you are in Online Multiplayer than switch straight to Squads/Extinction, it carries the settings over. EDIT: When editing buttons in singleplayer, you can press (2) to import the settings from Multiplayer.

MULTIPLAYER CONTROLS

BUTTON LAYOUT:

Bravo

AIM STYLES:

Lookspring: Enabled

Scope Aiming: Pointer

CAMERA SPEED:

Horizontal Speed: 5

Vertical Speed: 2

Horizontal and Vertical (ADS): 18

SENSITIVITY:

Cursor Sensitivity: 18

Cursor Speed: 10

Camera Sensitivity: 5

Camera Sensitivity (ADS): 5

Scope Sensitivity: 13

Turret Sensitivity: 5

DEAD ZONES:

Hip Dead Zone: 6 Across, 7 Up.

ADS Dead Zone: 0 Across, 0 Up.

ADS Reach: 40

MANTLE: JUMP BUTTON.

SINGLE PLAYER CONTROL CHANGES:

CAMERA SPEED:

Horizontal Speed: 11

Vertical Speed: 4

Horizontal and Vertical (ADS): 25

SENSITIVITY:

Cursor Sensitivity: 18

Cursor Speed: 8

Camera Sensitivity: 4

Camera Sensitivity (ADS): THIS IS MISSING. WHY IS THIS MISSING IN SINGLE PLAYER?

Scope Sensitivity: 13

Turret Sensitivity: 7

DEAD ZONES:

Hip Dead Zone: 1 Across, 7 Up.

ADS Dead Zone: 0 Across, 0 Up.

I hope this helps you all.

Lastly, A_TREY_U, can you please just carry the same settings across all the game from now on? I can't believe this hasn't been standardized! Every year I have to waste 10+ hours setting the controls, I've been doing it since Reflex now, it ain't funny. Also, Every time 2P joins me, they have to set their controls EVERY SINGLE TIME. It just wastes tonnes of time. Please make note of this.

See you all in the game/MiiVerse.

-SpeedStarTMQ

Message was edited by: SpeedStarTMQ

Message was edited by: SpeedStarTMQ

SpeedStarTMQ2
5 REPLIES 5

how do you compete when you have a turn speed of 2.4 seconds? Does that actually work for you?

I will try your settings later today and see how it works. The main issue i have is connection but it will be interesting to see how it compares to my current settings. I still throw W@W in and have a game when i want to compete with players using the EXACT same controls

Thanks for your efforts 

Ronin2012

They do. In all the Call of Duty's I'm consistent in a high kill to death ratio, and mostly in wins (though I don't count those for all the games I join at the last minute or leave due to a phone call or food, or whatnot). I average around a 15% accuracy, which isn't awesome, but not bad, and I've had a couple of MOABS and whatnot too. I've even got a few videos of the scheme in action;

World at War set the standard for Wiimote controls for me, so with every CoD game that releases on Wii/Wii U, I spend hours/days tweaking the controls to those very same ones. So far I've managed it with;

Modern Warfare: Reflex

Black Ops

Modern Warfare 3

Black Ops II

Ghosts

GoldenEye 007 (partially)

The Conduit/2 (partially)

Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (mostly)

I focus on set criteria to ensure that they're all very similar in other games that aren't CoD too.

I've played CoD with these controls effectively for 38 days overall in all the various multiplayers since World at War released, so I'm used to them by now   I can use control sticks too, but not as well, as I find them cumbersome. When I play against people who DO use them though, I'm amazed at how well they can use them- this is why it makes me angry when people complain about Wiimote users or analogue stick users. I've played people with both Wiimote and Analogues who can snap on to me like a pro and who can spin around in milliseconds to take me out. It's all based on skill. There's no overpowered ADS snap or benefits with either. They are perfectly balanced.

It annoys me when people complain and attack others for this. Use the controls you like and just play the darn game!

Lastly, thanks for the reply, I hope you like the controls.

SpeedStarTMQ2

Thanks for posting this man! Loved your control setup for MW3, gonna try this later.

nintendon_t

Thanks I've just updated them as of Nov 27th GMT time. Check out the updates. After further testing I believe this is the final tweak- seems like a perfect copy from World at War if you ask me!

SpeedStarTMQ2
Highlighted

I didnt get around to trying this yesterday but i will be doing so in about an hour.

Will get back to you although it may take some time to get used to your settings properly, although if they are like w@w and reflex i should be right (hopefully). Then my only battle will be lag

Thanks again

Ive given your OP a 5 star rating for all the effort and for sharing

Edit:  Gave the settings a go but the camera speed of 5 made me turn like i was standing in semi dried cement. Was far too slow for me. To each their own of course. I had to turn that up to 25 to get it in the range Im use to. It certainly felt a lot slower that W@W and reflex.

I didnt have  a chance to try adjusting from any of your other settings in multiplayer as i was too busy dying from campers every time i went into controls . Will try and make some adjustments tonight when i get a chance.

Cheers

Ronin2012

Studios