Dynamic map interaction...

Ghosts General Discussion

... will we also get dynamic weather?

With BO2... every map is set in the middle of the day. How did we regress so much from COD4?

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75
11 REPLIES 11

I hope that Forza 5 has Dynamic Weather...

I don't think CODG will have dynamic weather, but I think it will have some sort of rainy map or map with lightning.  But I think it would be pretty cool to have a map that was sunny one second and then next minute it was raining so hard you couldn't see more than 50ft away.

With BO1 having Dynamic Map Elements, I would say that CODG will most likely have something similar where you block off certain routes or paths with blowing up something or dropping something on them.  Blow up a bridged path or push a bunch of logs to block a path.  These could result in kills.

RallyOrDie

RallyOrDie wrote:

I hope that Forza 5 has Dynamic Weather...

I don't think CODG will have dynamic weather, but I think it will have some sort of rainy map or map with lightning.  But I think it would be pretty cool to have a map that was sunny one second and then next minute it was raining so hard you couldn't see more than 50ft away.

Exactly... COD 4 had inclimate weather on a few maps... one even at night. Changing ligting and weather should be in next-gen, otherwise, why invest up?

Fingers crossed.

RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

I am definitely going to upgrade because my xbox is from 2007 and it is lacking performace with the dashboard and hangs up too much.  I want to play on something that doesn't take 10-15 seconds to load up the dashboard.

RallyOrDie

Give us weather, dusk, dawn, high winds causing dust to blow up and we'll let you take your stupid exploding cars and red barrels back. Deal?

Ghamorra Level 75

Or have a heavy rain storm happen about 3 minutes in and then 3 minutes after that the dam breaks and floods a portion of the map???

RallyOrDie

I wouldn't get carried away. Just keep it simple, random weather and time of day. Mix it up, make it fun

Ghamorra Level 75

rankismet wrote:

... will we also get dynamic weather?

With BO2... every map is set in the middle of the day. How did we regress so much from COD4?

I've been playing CoD4 recently and I love Downpour (when the lobby isn't infested with snipers) and it is a bit weird that Blops 2 maps are all nice and sunny so it would be nice to have some different weather. Also I hope they go easy with the map fatalities this time around.

Im_not_BukLau

Yea rain and snow maps would have been awesome. Hopefully they incorporate them in Ghosts. And not just snow on the ground but snow falling would actually make the maps better. And fog. Basically not what we've been stuck with the past few Call of Duties. Still think they should use some darker night maps again and have night vision as an option.

ab36

Loved COD4 night vision. That game had so many things more right than wrong.

RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

Studios