Any chance of getting Scavenger reworked into it's original state?

Ghosts General Discussion

DrKuhn wrote:

Right, that's what i figured, but i'm hoping we here, in the community, help become agents of change. Scavenger is the only literally useless perk as it stands right now, regardless of the levels, gameplay or anything else. It's being overshadowed by a perk that does exactly the same thing right now with less risk. Oh and if you were to die and just run over your corpse, you'd double up your ammo anyway...what benefit is there at all to scavenger when every possible circumstance is taken into consideration?

I don't think it's useless... but it's not as useful. With being able to have so many perks it's okay for it not do as much.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

Correct and its not really being over shadowed, since the other does not give ammo back, just more to start with meaning a person will run out where scavenger prevents that from happening.

trialstardragon Level 70

Fully loaded doesn't need to give ammo back since you'll be completely maxed out right at the start! the only class that would truly benefit from scavenger, at this point, is smg's...and that's assuming the gun is in the hands of an extremely talented run and gunner and they're burning up all of their ammo accordingly. Fully loaded completely, and safely, supports every other gun class in a more optimal sense.

The worn out argument against Scavenger i see so far is people's blind hatred for black ops 2 (irrelevant) the c4's in the game (which we don't know will be effective in ghosts, from an equipment standpoint and a tactical) and emps (which, as pointed out, has to be cooked for 3 seconds this time around in ghosts. That much time spent and without having a grasp of the maps and metagame, it's possible we might not see any of the annoying strategies most of us encountered in that garbage game known as black ops 2)

I'm trying to keep things interesting with a perk that has a lot more potential. Trying to keep it immensely underpowered kills the perk and gives players one less possible decision when trying to create their own ideal classes. I'm not even sure this is debatable beyond this point; it's a 2 point perk that just gives you small ammo clips. Waste. of. time.

DrKuhn

While I do agree with you about the perk being changed, I'm starting to care less and less. Whatever the game releases with will determine if I even go pick it up or play another AAA FPS this year.

WIthout replenishing lethal or tactical, it makes more sense not to use them.

Just get the newest model of the ACR and instead of adding a lethal put the unbarrel shotgun attachment. Spend that extra tactical point on a perk or an attachment for whatever new 2 shot kill pistols we've seen in the trailer.

RenovaKunumaru

Could go that route, but why even waste the time to put scavenger in the game if we're essentially forced down that route?

DrKuhn

But. It. Does. Nothing. Beneficial. That. Makes. it. Stand. out! It's not even worth a single point at this stage!

DrKuhn

DrKuhn wrote:

But. It. Does. Nothing. Beneficial. That. Makes. it. Stand. out! It's not even worth a single point at this stage!

If you are using a weapon that almost no one else does... then you'll at least be able to restock your ammo. TBH, the Awareness perks as group are underwhelming.

But you don't have to run a perk from every group...

IW can always adjust it if need be.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

Not every perk has to stand out and be so different then the rest. Some are just meant for limited use and not multiple effects.

trialstardragon Level 70

I bet from a developer standpoint, they don't want to see it that way

DrKuhn

I'm very content with my original suggestion. If scavenger only replenished about 20 bullets that's likely enough to get 1-2 kills if you're low on ammo. It's wont be as nearly attractive as having the loaded perk or whatever it's called that gives you max ammo. I'm even content with having the ammo replenishment at 15 since it would offer replenishment of tactical and lethal.

Most of what I see posted is that people want to see just gun vs gun fights which is perfectly fine. They don't want to see emp and c4 spam which makes sense too. However, it needs to be remembered that in order to hit someone with an emp now, the grenade has to be cooked so you won't see nearly as much emp as before. Especially with the terrible spawns, you'd probably get killed cooking the grenade while aiming to throw it at the objective but that's just emp stuff.

As for C4, in Blops Duece it's really broken. If I get in a gun fight and I find myself at the disadvantage I can always crouch behind cover and lob a c4 at any range and kill my opponent. I'm assuming that's what people are referring to c4 spam as. If the throwing range and arc were nerfed, there wouldn't be the amount of spam we see in black ops 2.

I still think upon adding these features scavenger should be 3points at least.

RenovaKunumaru

Studios