Any chance of getting Scavenger reworked into it's original state?

Ghosts General Discussion

I am cautiously optimistic at this point, still a lot of unknowns though. The maps they have shown off so far do seem to bring back map size variety and more long sight lines. My biggest problem with BO2 was it was just a boring game. The maps sucked, few of the guns felt unique, little to no strategy, flanking was pretty much nonexistant, etc, etc. I really want COD to bring back the fun factor of COD4, MW2 and BO1. Ya MW2 was pretty poorly balanced, but at least it was fun to play. Here's hoping Ghosts is a step forward!

MrAdaptability

MrAdaptability wrote:

What it comes down to is do I trust IW to balance the  lethal equipment around the fact that it would be possible to have a limitless supply of them? I do not. If I did we wouldn't be having this conversation. If we were talking about the original IW team then this would be a completely different conversation, alas we aren't and the last two COD releases have been progressively worse.

Personally if Ghosts does not turn that around then it will likely be the last COD game I buy. With Titanfall on the horizon it looks like there will finally be a viable alternative to COD for me. It doesn't hurt that it's developed by a large part of the original IW team.

Agree I think it would be naïve to trust them to make a balanced non annoying game and I would be shocked if this game brings back the quality of old games as you rightly said the last two games have been progressively worse and while I don't think this will be as bad as the previous games I don't think it will be much better either but I still hope.

I'm with you on this game could definitely be the last COD I buy and I think many people are in the same boat, their just needs to be a viable alternative game which like you I think titanfall will be. I think COD will slowly decline over the next few years and they only have themselves to blame.

alexjt22

alexjt22 wrote:

Agree I think it would be naïve to trust them to make a balanced non annoying game and I would be shocked if this game brings back the quality of old games as you rightly said the last two games have been progressively worse and while I don't think this will be as bad as the previous games I don't think it will be much better either but I still hope.

I'm with you on this game could definitely be the last COD I buy and I think many people are in the same boat, their just needs to be a viable alternative game which like you I think titanfall will be. I think COD will slowly decline over the next few years and they only have themselves to blame.

I wholeheartedly agree. IMO Titanfall is shaping up to be the next game that really shakes up FPS games, just like COD4 did back in the day. If they can't respark that magic they had with COD4 soon then COD will slowly wither away. Not that this is a big surprise to me because let's face it that's what Activision does, once a game sticks they milk it until nobody wants it anymore. Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero and within the next console generation more than likely COD will join that list

MrAdaptability

Or if scavenger is such a worthless perk and overshadowed so much by fully loaded they could just remove it completely, by your reckoning its so bad that noone will bother to use it anyway so it may aswell not be there at all.

surridge1990

i have to disagree as much as i love the black ops 2 scavenger (i am like Lebron James with a c4) {INO C4 & EMP nades are OP} it is a bit unfair to just keep spamming them. i'm just going to enjoy it whilst it lasts and really the game is a gun game not really a (ONLYuseMEleathals) lol

Ex-inm8

First off including both Bandolier and scavenger certainly seems redundant at this point, however it could function differently than it did in the past games. Having said that replenishing equipment is a mistake in my book. Enter Black Ops 2 and the tactical nade/C4 spam or MW2 and unlimited explosives. These are the only two games to include scavenger in this form and both had problems with equipment spam....that's not a coincidence. Yes OMA was abused in MW2 but so was scavenger. Hell even frag x3 lead to grenade spam issues in COD4.

Multiple nades in one life is a bad thing because then player start to rely on the easy kills from explosives or tac nades. Look at BO1 it did not replenish explosives, just ammo and guess what? No equipment spam and it was still a useful perk for going on those long killstreaks! So I am heavily against replenishing equipment. I could settle for something like the danger close/tactician wildcards in BO2 though. Equipment is not something we should rely on, they are supposed to be situational not constant.

MrAdaptability

I completely disagree. Relying on your equipment is exactly why you have it and it's designed to become a part of one's strategy...otherwise why have it at all? As a camper, especially if i'm playing solo and i have 5 headless chickens on my team, there's nothing else backing me up minus my equipment. Being able to replenish it isn't imbalanced in my defense as long as my opponents have a way to counter my tactics. Granted, that's where strategy comes in and i'll do what it takes to avoid letting my opponents get the edge on me. Still, equipment in and of itself is a strategic part of camping and relying on them isn't a sign of weakness

DrKuhn

I definitely understand your point of view, it does make a certain logical sense. The problem isn't with a camper who is replenishing his betties or claymores though. You're right it's relatively easy to combat that playstyle with things like EMP nades, engineer, black hat, etc. However this form of scavenger works directly against your playstyle as well. Unlimited EMP nades, black hats and C4 is where the imbalance becomes apparent. With the absurd radius of C4 and EMP nades in BO2 having them replenish is just silly because it gives rushers an extremely easy tool to combat and neutralize a camper without having to rely on their skill as a player. Just toss in an EMP nade followed by C4 and bam easy kill. Now if you're using flak jacket not so much, I'll give you that.

But keep in mind Ghosts has danger close which is a direct counter to the protection flak jacket provides, which IMO is a stupid decision to include. Imagine how imbalancing that would be to have unlimited C4 with danger close. Nobody would be safe from C4 because there is a way to neutralize it's one hard counter. This is coming from someone who has almost exclusively used C4 in his loadout since MW2. C4 paired with scavenger is IMO game-breaking. Claymores, betties, frags, etc. Don't bother me a bit because they don't have the ease of use nor the kill radius that C4 does.

Now with the equivalent of tac mask in Ghosts and the absence of a true EMP nade I could live with replenishing tac nades because there is a direct hard counter against them.  However depending on how the meta game plays out that could mean tac mask would be a necessity. Look at BO2, flak jacket and tac mask were pretty much necessary perks and you could even make a case for hardwired to combat EMP nades. The reason being because C4 and EMP nade spam was so common that not using it was pretty much asking to be killed over and over by C4 or while stunned by a tac nade. Without an essentially unlimited supply of these things than you have more freedom when it comes to the perks you use.

MrAdaptability

In MW3, Scavenger could only replenish ammo and throwing knives. In MW2, it would replenish everything but tubes. I think that it should work the way it did on MW2's non-pro version: you pick up ammo and everything else except for tubes. What they should do though, is in Ghosts make the non-pro version pick ammo up only and the pro version of the perk pick up everything else, because it's kind of dumb to spawn with max ammo when you have Scavenger equipped.

pitbulltx56

They haven't made a game as good as MW2 it had the best connection EVER No Lag and NO SPAWN killing it spawned you near your teamates not in the middle of 3-4 enemies thats what sux and yes I do believe they need to make scavenger pick up another lethal bcuz people wanted to complain about everything and get it takin off they need to make things for campers. 1st the complain about juggernaut its takin off, then it' one man army n thats taking off now it's just campers they complain about why don't they just make things in the game for both sides and not just take the side of runners. people should be aloud to play they prefer how to play it shouldn't go on how others want them to play

Breathalyzer4U

Studios