Any chance of getting Scavenger reworked into it's original state?

Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Any chance of getting Scavenger reworked into ...

in reply to RAN Kismet

And thats the way it should be, People shouldnt be able to constantly spam EMPs or C4 anytime they like otherwise we'll just end up with another BO2.

Its pointless even having lethals in BO2 with all the aids available to get round them, the worst being EMP grenades of course.

Played a game the other night where i dont think anyone in the game wasnt affected by EMPs for more than a couple of minutes (10 minute game) they were literally being thrown every few seconds even if there wasnt any equipment that needed to be destroyed.

The only explosives that should be refilled are lock-on launchers (if the streaks are going to be spammed as much as they are in BO2)

surridge1990

in reply to surridge1990

Don't compare the worst duty to date to what we COULD have in Ghosts. The levels and forced gameplay styles in black ops 2 are the reason you saw emps everywhere. Nobody ran hardwired because it's a completely useless perk. So what was the downside to using emp's or black hats everywhere? Yeah...none. The horrid lack of balance is ultimately what killed that game (outside of spawn killing...but i suppose that's the result of one dimensional noob-catering maps, so perhaps that's a result of balance as well)

DrKuhn

in reply to DrKuhn

If we have the same version of scavenger in ghosts as we did in BO2 then the constant grenade/C4/EMP/Shock charge spamming will return with it.

Its just a fact of life within the call of duty world. If you give someone the option the spam C4 every few seconds then they will its just a fact.

A long long long time ago the Run n Gun tactic was just a mere fad, most players played much more tactically but then soon people started being given more and more options to run n gun viably and so it took over. You give players more and more options to spam grenades and tacticals etc and it will become the normal thing to do.

COD should not be a game based on who can spam the most equipment throughout a game but one based on who can manage they're available equipment the best to come out the winner.  

surridge1990

in reply to surridge1990

The spamming goes away if you have mainly larger maps.

Submit2MyWill

in reply to Submit2MyWill

The spamming will still be there it will just effect a player less.

The number of grenades wont change just the chances of getting random kills will decrease.

Thats not the idea im trying to get across, the idea is to remove the ability to constantly spam the grenades and tacticals in the first place.

BO2 maps would still be terrible without the spamming. 

surridge1990

in reply to surridge1990

Btw, there were no reliable spam tactics in WaW and mw2 as long as you had a brain. The maps WOULD absolutely change the playstyles of the players regardless of whether they wanted to be spammy little a-holes or not. I know someone is going to try and call me out on mw2 and say "one man army and noobtubes with danger close"...again, i said if you had a brain...it's easy to kill campers and those kind of players were generally campers. Changing up your tactics will usually result in far different outcomes but people seem to ignore that online A LOT

DrKuhn

in reply to DrKuhn

You've just completely contradicted yourself by saying there was absolutely no spamming in MW2, and then saying I know someone will call me out on One Man Army and "Grenade Launchers", and what does having a brain have to do with anything?

Your basically saying if you spammed on MW2 then you don't have a brain but if you spam on BO2 then you do? I don't get what you are trying to say?

And how has camping suddenly come into it? What difference does it make if someone is camping? you cant spam when you camp and you can spam when you run and gun, you can spam when you hold down a general area.

Is it really so hard to accept that scavenger has changed? move on, get over it, maybe it'll return to its original state in the next game, maybe not.

surridge1990

in reply to surridge1990

It sounds like black ops 2 extremely small, very simple map designs were the bane of you. I'm going to assume that the bad kids tossing c4's left and right probably countered your particular style of play. As a sniper, i seriously didn't have the issues you're describing with c4's as a problem. Yeah i've been killed by them but i think you're going overboard on how effective they are. As for emps....unless you snipe like me and hold down an area with killstreaks and equipment, it really shouldn't effect your gameplay THAT much. Losing the HUD can be devastating, but if you play a little hardcore, you'll find out how to increase your own skill levels dramatically in regular tdm.

DrKuhn

in reply to DrKuhn

Now to pick apart your post completely,

1.) Very simple small maps are the "bane" of more than a fair proportion of the community.

2.) I toss C4s left right right and centre while RnG with my Tac 45, and I still want it gone.

3.) If someone can throw a C4 at you while your shooting them and detonate it before you kill them then there is case for C4 being over effective.

4.) 1 EMP and all your equipment and streaks are gone.......

5.) I play nothing but HC your point fails.

But at least you've learnt a valuable lesson here,

Dont assume you know exactly how every player plays his/her game, because chances are like you were this time, will be 100& WRONG!!!!

surridge1990

in reply to RAN Kismet

Right, that's what i figured, but i'm hoping we here, in the community, help become agents of change. Scavenger is the only literally useless perk as it stands right now, regardless of the levels, gameplay or anything else. It's being overshadowed by a perk that does exactly the same thing right now with less risk. Oh and if you were to die and just run over your corpse, you'd double up your ammo anyway...what benefit is there at all to scavenger when every possible circumstance is taken into consideration?

DrKuhn

Studios