Any chance of getting Scavenger reworked into it's original state?

Ghosts General Discussion

Any chance of getting Scavenger reworked into it's...

Every video I've seen with someone using scavenger, it's only replenishing ammo. Granted they may have had the perk set up that way for the conferences but I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that that's their intended end result with the perk as of right now.

I know some devs frequent these forums. If they read the points many posters have brought up, scavenger didn't need this kind of "nerf" so to speak. Nobody thought it was broken in black ops 2, be it either the campers or rushers, so I, personally, don't understand the mindset that is being used to justify why the perk is essentially useless at this point.

Why shouldn't I use bandolier out the door instead if i want the most ammo i can hold right out door? Why doesn't scavenger replenish lethal and tactical equipment if the player is killed by gun ammo? To me, this just feels like a perk that's more dead-out-the-door than most others and it's already getting overshadowed by a similar perk that offers a helluva lot more with less risk involved (not running over the blue satchel vs. running over it)

What do you guys in the community think? Could they change the perk before release? Obviously and I'm pretty sure that's what we're all thinking but let's get some feedback

DrKuhn
110 REPLIES

Re: Any chance of getting Scavenger reworked into ...

in reply to DrKuhn

Because of danger close being back in the game they dont want another issue with it like how it was in mw2 most likely. No nee for it to refill explosives or nades so people can just spam them where ever they want and never have to think about using them or not.

trialstardragon Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

The biggest issue with nades getting replenished in mw2 was through one man army, a perk that's obviously been axed since that game. Getting tubes through scavenger bags really wasn't broken if people were checking their corners or just switching up their tactics. Regardless, scavenger replenished everything in black ops 2 except tubes (and for a long while, stinger missiles, oddly enough) and it doesn't need to count noob tube ammo as equipment or ammo. Make it unreplenishable. Your point is moot since you used a poor example outside of one man army exploiting

DrKuhn

in reply to DrKuhn

a lot of players exploited scavenger as well in that game not just oma. There is no real need for it give nades just so people can rando toss them and not care if they run out or not.

limited equipment like nades makes it so a person has to think more before using them, it requires deeper thought on the repercussion of wasting a nade you may have needed or wanted later. with them refilled it means you can spam them and not care since a refill is just a kill away and not a death as it is in the game now.

trialstardragon Level 70

Noob tubes were tremendously under powered in black ops 2 and a boring way to play, even apart from their unrivaled ineffectiveness. Sorry, your point is moot again on scavenger bags with mw2 (although i don't intend to berate your point since i said it's easier to just make it so tubes don't replenish specifically on scavenger), but the levels in mw2 have/had complexities and elevations that don't let you walk into a room and know immediately where to look and how to counter every strategy coming up to that point. It's why the point stands that if you still were trying to long range kill with tubes in mw2, walking to a scavenger bag meant sacrificing position and risking death, especially by competent opponents

DrKuhn

I am guilty of charged for using scavenger and claymores. That was really cheap and I will admit it. Just camp in a perch as people kept trying to rush the room but I would always have plenty of claymores around. They did need to nerf that for sure unless they had the EMP nades again or a perk like engineer.

ZvErS

in reply to ZvErS

It really wasn't only cheap on the first or MAYBE second kill. Are you telling me you never had a marathon pro, lightweight pro just literally dash through them without a second thought? Also, it's funny, i had a guy send me hatemail one time claiming i was hacking with infinite claymores and i reminded him there's a perk in the game that lets me get claymores back from scavenger satchels and dumb players that keep coming in from the same angle into the same exact room every single time. It's ironic that treyarch and infinity ward caved into the lazy mindset that players like him used such as "i should be able to use the same strategy over and over and expect a different outcome each time". So dumb

DrKuhn

in reply to ZvErS

zvers wrote:

I am guilty of charged for using scavenger and claymores. That was really cheap and I will admit it. Just camp in a perch as people kept trying to rush the room but I would always have plenty of claymores around. They did need to nerf that for sure unless they had the EMP nades again or a perk like engineer.

I've loved being able to restock claymores since MW2. It wasn't that large of a deal to me in games prior to BO2. The pace of the games and design of the maps allowed you to be able to identify where claymores were most of the time. But BO2 made the game so frentic, you never had time to check. Hence why you have so much EMP 'nade spam in that title.

I'm okay with Ghosts just replenishing ammo...

... but...

I would rather a player have to actually scavenge versus running over a bag and magically sucking up ammunition like a Hoover. Make the player have to pause and hold X for 3 seconds. You get the reward of ammo and the risk of being shot. Plus, you could replenish your equipment if that player had any... and whatever it was.

My two cents.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

in reply to ZvErS

Ahhhh Engineer.

Best perk in BO2. I love seeing a room full of betty's/claymores and running past them all and killing the campers before they know what's going on.

MrBiron

in reply to DrKuhn

It would be nice if scavenger is like it was in Black ops 2 and not MW3

DirtyCallahan

Studios