Any chance of getting Scavenger reworked into it's original state?

Ghosts General Discussion

After BO2.... its time to get rid of the grenade, stun, emp, etc.... spam.

Any changes, that make it about gun vs gun.... is a good thing.

mdub

Black ops 2 was so rusher friendly it was nuts. From entirely fake perks like engineer letting you see equipment through the walls (that didn't bother me that much) and equipment like black hat (extremely fake, was far too broken in the beginning and will still remain broken to the end. Throw an emp near the room a camper is in and he's hipfire smg bait. Rushing in black ops 2 was just too easy and one sided. I'm glad infinity ward is finally throwing a wrench to campers finally because i prefer to stay alive vs. getting gunned down every 10 seconds like the majority of rushers out there.

DrKuhn

mdub wrote:

After BO2.... its time to get rid of the grenade, stun, emp, etc.... spam.

Any changes, that make it about gun vs gun.... is a good thing.

Agreed.

At first, I thought the return of replenishing tactical & lethal grenades with Scavenger in BO2 was great however it turned out to be spam-fest of EMP's, C4's etc which forced me to use Flak Jacket, Tactical Mask and Hardwired on most of my classes.

I like how IW are sticking to just replenishing ammo with Scavenger considering there is a "Danger Close" perk in Ghosts and that its only 2 points to use that perk.

vims2011

Curiously, were you more of a camper or rusher? It'd help me have a better understanding of where you're coming from with your response

DrKuhn

DrKuhn wrote:

Curiously, were you more of a camper or rusher? It'd help me have a better understanding of where you're coming from with your response

I would consider myself more of a rusher.

If this is any indication of being a rusher, I have a 350+ SPM in TDM and an overall SPM of 427.

I'll add this recent gameplay of how I normally play

xNZx VIMS: 50-4 KSG Gameplay - YouTube

Even for rushers, lethal and tactical grenade spam can be extremely annoying.

vims2011

I'm seriously impressed. That shotgun is unusable in far too many circumstances. Getting it to diamond camo literally gave me ulcers. lol Back on topic though, consider this: There is no true emp grenade in ghosts, so far, as we know (even given the description with the 9bang, after it's fully cooked, and that's still a sticky situation considering who runs around and stops for a full 3 seconds to cook a tactical grenade?) so i think it's safe to say the metagame will probably be different. and the c4's might decrease if there's far more desirable equipment that people want to use

last but not least, if the levels are designed appropriately, maybe c4 will provide it's intended level of threat, but not be an overwhelming powerful piece of equipment that you HAVE to be mindful of.

I see where you're coming from but let's remember: black ops 2 was Sh*T and ghosts is almost guaranteed to be a step up

DrKuhn

Thanks

You make some good points about there not being a true EMP grenade and the possibility that C4 range and damage radius may be reduced.

As long as Blast Shield and Tac Resist is on par with BO2's Flak Jacket and Tactical Mask and not useless as MW3's Blast Shield, I won't that concerned if Scavenger is to be altered to how it worked in BO2.

But I would increase the point requirement for Scavenger by least a point or two as I feel 2 points is too low for someone to replenish ammo, equipment and lethal/tactical grenades.

vims2011

Actually i think i'd be ok with that tradeoff. Although, considering the layout of all the other perks and their point values, the community at whole, might question the change and bring up some serious discussion about the 3 (and what would be 4 perks) if scavenger got increased

DrKuhn
Highlighted

And the possibility of people crying about the bandolier perk that just maxes your ammo. Some may try to draw the comparison and say it's underwhelming. Hmm, we'll see how this plays out

DrKuhn

this is so true like i said before i love me C4 & EMP but its to easy to spam you can almost have a team emp naded all game. in TDM anyway no point in emp score streak

gun on gun is way better and shows how good a player can actually be

Ex-inm8

Studios