cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crash bandicoot not working

Crash Bandicoot™ Forum | Activision®

crash bandicoot not working

my crash bandicoot doesen't work (pc) the game works just fine up to the level selection on the first game and when i go to a level it's a black screen and only sound that comes and only thing i can see is the pause, the second game doesen't start it's a black screen and on 3rd it's black screen past the cutscene. i have great specs, i have all  up to date, i've checked the files on steams thingy and it says it's fine i have no idea how to fix this and google doesen't either. please some one help

EliteMaster76
3 REPLIES

Re: crash bandicoot not working

in reply to EliteMaster76

Hey there, 

Sorry to hear you are running into that. There are quite a few things to try for that type of issue thankfully. First off, when you say you checked 'Steams thingy' are you referring to Verify Integrity of the Game Files? If not, please do run that first (it is found under Properties when you right click on a game in your library). 

If that doesn't have any effect then I'd recommend modifying some of your graphical settings, like using full screen, borderless full screen, windowed mode, or switching resolution to see if it has any effect on that bug. Let me know about all of that. Thanks. 

-Sean 

Community Coordinator

in reply to Seanicus23

Hi there!

I have a really similar problem, I have all the graphics requariments for the game and it started once in windowed mode.

Then i changed to full screen mode and then it freeze evrytime I start the app. some time it show the first frame (the one that advice you about the autosaving system) and sometime it just went black and it stay stucked there. I have to shut down the procese by task manager then....

There is a way to switch to windowed mode without opening the game?

LeoPhoenixDragon

in reply to LeoPhoenixDragon

Heya, thanks for reaching. Basically it won't run for you unless it is in Windowed mode instead of Full Screen? If you are able to get it to run at all, even for a moment, you can try pressing Alt+Enter to see if it will change from full screen to windowed (that's the default command for that in Windows).

Otherwise I'm afraid I don't know of anyways to change that, but could you check the folder for Crash Bandicoot and see if there is a Config.ini file? Usually that has settings like that. 

Community Coordinator
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS