cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toys4Bob! port Crash Bandicoot to New 3DS!

Crash Bandicoot™ Forum | Activision®

Toys4Bob! port Crash Bandicoot to New 3DS!

Oh wait, someone almost, kinda did!  (Imagine if a proffessional did this instead)

Please realize this is good news.  Port it to 3DS.
Crash Bandicoot 1 in PSX emmulator for New Nintendo 3DS/New Nintendo 2DSXL
It runs slow on an emulator, imagine how fast it would run if it were coded properly in 3DS or New 3DS format.  New 3DS would be easier to program honestly.  Just 2dimensionalize the cutscenes, include 3 save files on the game card, and make coco Bandicoot exclusive to the $30 crash Bandicoot Warped game (with 5 extra unique bonus levels in Warp room 7)

The digital copies could sell for $10 each durring an annual sale.  Also Crash Bandicoot and Spyro musical wallpapers in the Nintendo 3DS theme shop would be awesome to sell for $3.49 each for multiple level themes, including one special Crash and Spyro friendly rivals wallpaper for $4.99.

Forget N Sane Trilogy on 3DS, Please port CTR to the 3DS console! Don't forget up to 6 player splitscreen local play in 4k on Playstation and Wireless LAN multiscreen play on Switch! And Make Spyro Playable. Amiibo Compatibility!
Hire me.
DrBandicoot
2 REPLIES

Re: Toys4Bob! port Crash Bandicoot to New 3DS!

in reply to DrBandicoot

I don't think Activision would bother letting this happening since they don't see the 3DS/2DS as a viable platform for their releases, which sucks but oh well...

Besides, N. Sane already got a Switch port

Motwera

Re: Toys4Bob! port Crash Bandicoot to New 3DS!

in reply to Motwera

I see it as a viable platform for Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back since it got the highest number of sales in Japan.  And possibly a fully functional remake of Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex for Gamecube, like Nintendo did with the first Luigi's Mansion game and Xenoblade Chronicles recently.
Granted Streetpass Time trial Sharing is a must, even if there are no online features.

I mean if they can't do this they can at least provide Crash Bandicoot Wallpapers and music themes as a marketing strategy to get 3DS users to buy the newer platforms.

And I was wrong about them having to remove Coco Bandicoot to make it work on the older 3DS models, but I also see it being a viable marketing strategy to keep Coco Bandicoot as a Switch exclusive feature. It should be fine. Just give the task to Toys For Bob to handle it or better yet, have it ported and published as a Nintendo Select title for publicity purposes.  There's people who have both a Playstation 4 and 3DS, or Xbox One and a 3DS, so it'd be good advertising.

I mean the 3DS version could probably be sold easily on a 1GB 3DS cart, possibly a 2GB one if they want the game to be multilingual.  Time trial records could be saved onto the console itself to avoid using game cart save file space.

Tell you what, I'll try to port the thing myself with the Bear It and Snow Go Levels without an emmulator and we'll see how it goes.  It'll be my school project when I start college next year and I'll record a video that I'll post here if it works.  Then I'll erase the code when I'm done finishing the Warp Room, the Warp room is the tricky part because the camera angles are more complicated, but I have a retrosolution for that.  But as long as I make sure the game code doesn't get in the hands of the public before posting the video I should be fine.  I hate pirates.
I mean I really hate Pirates.  If they made money of my stuff or caused me to lose profits.  (Shudders)  Or worse, they prevent my favorite games from being re-released.

Forget N Sane Trilogy on 3DS, Please port CTR to the 3DS console! Don't forget up to 6 player splitscreen local play in 4k on Playstation and Wireless LAN multiscreen play on Switch! And Make Spyro Playable. Amiibo Compatibility!
Hire me.
DrBandicoot
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS