Hello Activision Support, my request here is to fix these bugs/problems with a patch. Here's the list:
1) BAD ANALOG DIAGONAL CONTROLS IN 2D LEVELS/LEVEL SECTIONS
(Happens in every game in the Trilogy):
This is more a problem than a bug/glitch. If you play the game with the analog stick, you might have noticed that making Crash go in a diagonal direction while playing in a 2D level/section is hard for some reason. That gets annoying when you have to make jumps that require you to move diagonally while in air.
As I said, it only happens with the analog stick, d-pad works fine.
2) SLIPPERY CLIMB/STORMY ASCENT PLATFORMS' AND STAIRS' PATTERN WEIRDLY CHANGES AFTER DYING MANY TIMES
(Happens in the first CRASH BANDICOOT game):
Just as title says. I'll give you an example to make this easier to understand:
Let's take Stormy Ascent as the example. In the first part of the level there is a section (where you go from left to right) where there are a "going in-and-out" platform and some stairs that close and open. You have to jump on the platform first and onto the stairs then.
Now, normally, the pattern of this part is supposed to be like this: PLATFORM GOES OUT, STAIRS CLOSE. PLATFORM GOES IN, STAIRS OPEN.
But, if you die lots of times - and, believe me, you WILL - the pattern starts to change for some reason, to the point that this happens: PLATFORM GOES OUT, STAIRS OPEN. PLATFORM GOES IN, STAIRS CLOSE, making the jump obviously different and even more difficult.
And this can happen with EVERY platform/stair in the level. Especially the part where you have to jump on lots of "going in and out" platforms very fast. That part is already hard by itself, if the pattern decides to screw up for some reason, it can get so hard to the point of making that part actually impossible.
PLEASE Activision, FIX THIS. You don't know how many problems this glitch is giving me in time trial mode. Because I study the level, I play it, then after many deaths the pattern changes and I have to RE-STUDY the level again. It's so annoying.
3) UNBREAKABLE-BY-JUMP BOX IN ONE OF THE 2 CORTEX'S BONUS ROUNDS:
(Happens in the first CRASH BANDICOOT game)
I don't remember which one it is, but since there are only 2 bonus rounds, I don't think it'll be that hard to find out which one of them is.
The problem is this: In one of Cortex's bonus rounds there is a part where there is a bridge made of brown, basic boxes. The first one is unbreakable by jump, so you have to spin and then jump immediatedly after the spin to break the box without falling down. It requires good timing skills, and not everyone is good at that, some could have had problems with this, so you better fix this, please.
THAT'S IT. These were the most important ones I found, but there are many, MANY other obvious bugs that need to be patched that other people found, like:
- CRASH 1: In the level CASTLE MACHINERY, there is a part where you have to jump onto a bridge made of boxes. There is a very specific spot (behind the third box, if I'm not wrong) where if you fall down you won't die. It can also glitch the level up a bit. It could also force you to restart the level but I'm not sure.
- CRASH 2: In the level SNOW GO, if you activate the time trial mode and go onto the platform at the end of the very first part of the level and then immediatedly restart the level by the pause menu, the fog will glitch up. Also causes framerate slow-downs.
- CRASH 2: In Polar levels, similarly to the previous glitch in SNOW GO, if you activate the time trial mode, trigger the animation where Crash is going to ride Polar, pause the game when Crash is moving his eyebrows and restart the level at that point, Crash will respawn at the beginning of the level being stuck in the ground while in his riding animation. Awkward stuff.
- CRASH 3: In level 31 HOT COCO, you can actually destroy the nitros at the very beginning of the level WITHOUT DYING: You have to touch the nitros with the jet-ski's "tail" and the run away. People actually used this to get the platinum relic easily, finishing the level in even less than a second.
- CRASH 3: Weird graphic glitch that can happen in the Time Twister by pressing some specific ground buttons (yes, the buttons on the Time Twister's ground, not the buttons on the pad) in a precise pattern.
- CRASH 3: In the N.Tropy boss fight, if you die (I don't know if in a specific way or if you die in general), N.Tropy becomes invisible and invincible, forcing you to restart the boss fight.
You can find most of these on YouTube for example, to directly see what I meant here. I'm pretty sure there also are other glitches too. But, as you can see, some of these glitches can actually be easily "fixed" by yourself, so why am I pointing all these out?
BECAUSE FIXING GLITCHES MAKES A GAME LOOK AND PLAY BETTER, IT CAN MAKE A GAME LOOK FROM RUSHED TO POLISHED.
RUSHING GAMES IS NOT THE WAY, EVEN IF THEY LOOK GOOD AT FIRST (take Assassin's Creed Unity as an example: Good graphics but extremely glitched to the point that the game can bore the player because of the bugs and not because of the actual game's difficulty, and, believe me, that SUCKS).
THANKS FOR READING THIS, PLEASE FIX ALL OF THIS ACTIVISION. REMEMBER: PATCHING GAMES AND FIXING PROBLMES MAKES A GAME BETTER.
Have a nice day
Understandable. However, take into account some of the original glitches, such as Cortex Power wall jump glitches and exploits.
Why should I have mentioned the glithes from the old games? Yeah, I know they fixed them (all?). But new ones popped out in this Trilogy and I wanted to point them out.
Anyway, it's not like I wanted to nitpick or like I really care about them being patched. The purpose of this post is more like being a feedback to the developers for future games. That's all.
I mean, it's not like the game isn't playable, not even close. As a matter of fact, I platinumed the whole Trilogy and got every single platinum relic (including Stormy Ascent), just saying, lol. It's just that this Trilogy doesn't feel like it's 1''% polished, it feels a bit rushed on the controls and physics (THE HIGH ***** ROAD), especially in jet-ski and motorbike levels from Crash 3. The controls in these levels were pretty bad, but still manageable to "master" (kind of) with enough effort. Funny enough, is that in the original Crash 3, where the controls were better, these levels took me literaly DOZENS AND DOZENS of times to get a platinum relic, while they have been a cakewalk in the Trilogy (especially the motorbike levels), with the exception of Hot Coco which took me some tries to figure which way was the best.
That said, do you know where can I give feedback for a new game? I'd really, REALLY like to see something like Super Mario Maker but with the exact same engine from the Trilogy, it'd be awesome imho.