cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chivalry Medieval Warfare- Update? When?

Chivalry

This game has been out for next gen consoles for at least 6 months now with only one update. The update fixed DLC bugs but since then that has been the only update. 

The game is still riddled with bugs, glitches, latency issues and overall just bad quality. Is there an update planned for this game? We have been awaiting it for a long time......

AK_AARON
11 REPLIES 11
Confirming that as of 7/25/2016, the PS4 version has received 0 updates. Server issues have been present since the release of the game and have not been addressed, along with a plethora of bugs.

We have gone through Torn Banner and they have stated to contact you and Hard Suit. As we can't contact them directly, we are posting here. If needed we can compile a full list of issues, but first would like to know if our grievances will be addressed or ignored.
Oruenas
Some examples of the bugs include but are not limited to:

-Shield bug in which the game displays an empty stamina bar after blocking with a shield, this is a disadvantage because players cannot kick or combo their swings

-For some people the DLC still does not work even though they paid for it in the store or have bought the Ultimate Edition

- Game Crashes at the start of a new map on random occasions

- In rare cases other players weapon swings become "invisible" and you cannot see them on your swing to be able to parry them or block them. This bug happens VERY often and is usually because of latency issues

- Players using shields can perform a "0 stamina feint" by switching weapons at the same time they swing use their weapon causing a swing to appear that is impossible to determine if it is a feint or a real swing

- Customization items default on many different occasions, including but not limited to: Completely defaulting all of one's customizations and weapon skins, defaulting ones helmet IF they are wearing one of the special rank helmets

- After death when using a shield the shield will display a different emblem

- On the map "Stoneshill" for Team Objective in rare cases the map becomes unplayable due to the castle door not opening even after being knocked down by the battering ram. This makes it impossible for the attackers to progress

- On rare occasions weapon skins will be equipped that are not in the game yet. These are skins from the PC version that aren't in the console version. At least make these skins buyable if they are in the game please..........

- Players can glitch out of the map using the Pavice Shield as an archer equipment, they get into spots that are unreachable and this can be game breaking in certain game modes

- Kicks will phase through players despite clearly hitting the enemy, the enemy will take no effect from the kick which results in many deaths due to a game bug

- On horde mode you can enter "stiffy mode" if you dodge while having the maul equipped as your primary, this can be game breaking because the player cannot perform actions while they are in "stiffy mode"

- On horde mode sometimes no enemies will spawn causing the game to never end, even though the right amount of enemies were killed

- as a Man at Arms, you will sometimes dodge away from attacks only to still get hit by the attack after you have dodged out of the way, this is most likely a latency issue

- Team Objective maps like Citadel, Coldront and Stoneshill are unplayable much of the time due to VERY high ping (up to 250 even when you are on the correct server), the lag becomes to difficult to deal with

- sometimes a game cannot be found for an u known reason, even though there are highly populated games in every game mode category

- you can select axes in the "duel" game mode even though you are not supposed to have them. Players do this by selecting the flail, equipping the heater shield, then selecting any weapon other than a flail. They then have axes to throw

- On the map "bridge" you can glitch into the waterfall and not be able to get out or be attacked, this is game breaking

- On the map "mines" you can glitch into the lava and not take damage. Players do this by throwing a fireproof at themselves then jumping into the lava. This is game breaking

- When in a private server on the 2nd match or higher, you can no longer invite new players to the game

- On Stoneshill, there is a spot in the mason spawn where you can glitch into the sky

- On rare occasions, all settings will reset

Please note: These glitches are just the tip of the iceberg........... there is even more than this. This is just what I could come up with in about 3 minutes

AK_AARON
Highlighted

To reiterate issues stemming from server lag: When servers have a low player count, they are fine and pings are normal. Once servers are full (24 people) pings will double/triple.

This game is very dependent on ping/latency. Attacks have windups as low as .4 of a second. Adding 50-100 ping can make the ability to parry or react to an attack unreliable. Animations can also have issues, either not animating for other players, or animating incorrectly (we call them desyncs.)

Having better servers with stronger/more CPU resources assigned to each will decrease this lag. It would go a long way to resolving a lot of the biggest issues the game has and why it can't retain a playerbase.

If needed, I can post screenshots of pings in a low playerbase server and full one to show the difference.

Oruenas

I'm loving the game, but I still can't the DLC I paid for.  I don't get that at all.  I'm on XBOX one GT Druez.  I've created posts both here and torn banner.  Nobody answers me at all.  Someone do something, this is dumb.

UCD_280132620303mYtjTvaWPOoX

Yeah. The game is in a broken state

AK_AARON
Activision is yet to reply..........
AK_AARON

Still awaiting any support from Activision.

Oruenas
I sent a message to a moderator two days ago, no reply. I attempted to use Activision's My Support, however Chivalry isn't even listed as a game there, leading me to believe that they do not plan any support for this game.
Oruenas

Bump for great justice!

Even though they will continue to ignore this thread....

At least I can say I tried too...

bcbudd1
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS