Activision Account Display Names in the Modern Warfare Beta

Call of Duty Modern Warfare General Discussion

Highlighted

Greetings everyone,

Today with the introduction of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Beta we have introduced Activision/Call of Duty accounts into a COD title for the first time. Using accounts makes cross-platform play possible, allowing you to play with your friends on all systems.

Once you log into the game for the first time you’ll see a screen showing your Modern Warfare Display Name, Activision ID, and Associated Email. We have seen many people looking to change their previously set display name, based on their Activision/Call of Duty account, and we have a way for you to do that.

Changing your Display Name

The in-game Change Display Name feature is not enabled in the Beta. However, you can change your Display Name online.

1. Log in to your Activision/Call of Duty account.

2. Select BASIC INFO.

3. Select EDIT next to your Activision ID and enter your desired Display Name.

After that you should see the new display name reflected in-game. However, you may now see Display Name Tags (ex. DisplayName#1234567) and you can hide this in-game.

1. Log in to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Beta

2. Select Options

3. Scroll Over to the Account Tab

4. Under Display Name Tags switch it from Enabled (the default) to Disabled

If you run into any errors or issues with that process please let us know here or reach out through any of our Activision Support options.

-The Activision Player Support Team

Go to Activision Aces!
Community Coordinator
70 REPLIES 70

I'm waiting for the Xbox Beta so I'm confused.

Does this mean my Xbox gamertag won't be used in-game when the game releases? ...it will be my forum name?

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

It sounds like you can use either from how I read it. I just wish we could hide the # numbers after our user name here.

Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way.-Clint Smith
NutToButt#6990380

You could set it to be whatever you want based on your username here, so potentially you could have them both be the same username. Also, sorry about the numbers. Haven't found a way to hide those in the community, but at the very least you'll be able to hide them in-game. 

Go to Activision Aces!
Community Coordinator

Not the beta anymore but really don't like the fact that I had to change my user name from Hellbounddeciple to something different because Im guessing comunity rules? Yet drug referances and s@xual referances are still being used as gamer tags in most lobbies I incounter.  Bad enough that you cant name a class assault over the years yet the game includes it in referance to the weapon type.  Top that off when I check the leader boards for me and my friends my name shows up as Anon#12325257980234 or some odd thing instead of what I was forced to change it to.  Really would like to see this corrected to continue using the gaming tag that I had been using over the years vs something that really isn't a big deal but yet other more glairing names if any ban on them should be seen as the first thing that needs to go.

helbound#5040341

Yeah, well...maybe that was Activision telling you that you shouldn't have spelled disciple wrong?

BennyTheTroll#1832368

A

Pheut

You can hide numbers. Just go to options while in game, then turn off display name tags in account 

Sniperspats#3449981

I'm so confused

UCD_279911500903MkzFLUbunC

I'm struggling to see my #****** after my name on the game. Is this normal?

foxual13

Studios