please no quickdraw on snipers

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: please no quickdraw on snipers

in reply to ay3rs

I personally think faster ADS is a great addition. But like you I don't like quickscoping. But going by the trailer I do believe the final kill was a quickscope... Faster ADS will probably also work for sniper rifles.

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to wwthetoddww

agreed x100 also the removal of aim assist on sniper rifles would make a big difference....you again would have to ACTUALLY AIM to get a kill

related thread:

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

http://community.callofduty.com/message/5887#5887

http://community.callofduty.com/message/5887#5887

Level 7

in reply to wwthetoddww

Taking away aim assist on the sniper rifles will work...I never thought of that but it would work. Great Idea.

Level 4

in reply to wwthetoddww

Alright, this is ridiculous. Have you guys ever even tried to legitimately snipe? Le t me tell you guys. When you get into head to head combat with a guy with an AR it's not easy to get out of. Especially when you don't have your side arm out. So what the hell do you do? You quickscope. It is hard enough to turn and fire a sniper rifle, it's only fair that you have a chance to get out. Sure it pisses the guy off, but if you can't effectively dispatch a guy who is already at a disadvantage, you should probably work on your aim. As for the guys who can effectively run around and quick scope and actually go positive, good for them. Their practice paid off. Again, if you cannot effectively compete, that's your problem. Get over it and keep practicing.

And trust me, I've been quickscoped and it pisses me off, but honestly, good for them. I suggest you take that view point, cuz it's happening whether you like it or not.

Level 1

in reply to wwthetoddww

You really think snipers have instant ADS, are you kidding me? Snipers have the slowest ADS in the game next to LMGs, even with quickdraw it's still slower than SMG ADS (without QuickDraw).

And if you shoot the sniper first then the recoil from being shot at will bring the sniper off-target and you would win the gun fight. Not to mention the sniper is not a guarenteed 1 shot kill.

Level 5

in reply to flawedvictory

flawedvictory wrote:

You really think snipers have instant ADS, are you kidding me? Snipers have the slowest ADS in the game next to LMGs, even with quickdraw it's still slower than SMG ADS (without QuickDraw).

And if you shoot the sniper first then the recoil from being shot at will bring the sniper off-target and you would win the gun fight. Not to mention the sniper is not a guarenteed 1 shot kill.

SMG without Quickdraw ADS: 0.2 seconds

Sniper with Quickdraw ADS: 0.2 seconds

Do your research.

Level 36

in reply to brandaman

How do you know MW3 has the same ADS times as previous titles? And even if it did have the same ADS time, my point still stands, who ever has the better reaction time will win the gun fight, and that's how it should be.

Level 5

in reply to wwthetoddww

All you need to do is disable quickdraw on snipers and youll be good imo anyway, regardless you cant stop people from playing how they want to, they bought the game and theyre entitled to it as much as you and i, so long as that involves no glitching/hacking/cheating etc.

People need to stop crying and just enjoy the game for what it is, and if you cant you should probably stop playing, especially if youre getting worked up over a video game.

Level 1

in reply to wwthetoddww

Robert Bowling confirms that quickscoping is possible.

0:52 - 1:01. Based on CoD XP footage, the Sniper Rifle aims quite quickly, and you can see the Quickdraw perk being used.

I, myself, doubt that quickscoping will be toned down, at all, in Modern Warfare 3, and based on Robert Bowling's straight and immediate answer, I would expect IW and SG to remain adamant on this.

Level 19

in reply to wwthetoddww

wwthetoddww wrote:

for the love of god please dont let quickdraw work on sniperss. im fine with quickscoping and i do it a fair bit but wher you add fast ads it become instant scoping which is a little op. the sniper is the fastest killing gun in the game and should not be able to instantly scope in and kill which takes less time then some of the guns take to kill.

There just needs to be a more of a downside for trying & failing to quickscope.

If a player doesn't zoom in all the way and/or doesn't hold their breath - the gun should recoil wildly, meaning that it takes 3 times as long to reset the weapon & be able to take the next shot.

Level 61

Studios