is XP in drop zone bugged or is my understanding of how XP works in this game wrong?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Highlighted

is XP in drop zone bugged or is my understanding of how XP works in this game wrong?

Myself and a firend have noticed this issue and not sure if its a bug or if our understanding of the xp is wrong. We have noticed that the score we have at the end of the match on the scoreboard is not the same as the amount of XP we are awarded at the end of the match. Example sometimes score 3000+ on the scoreboard but only awarded 1100 xp in the game summary.

The following quote is from http://community.callofduty.com/message/106101583#106101583

"You'll earn 20 points per team member, for every second they're in the drop zone plus 20 XP individually for your time spent in the zone."

I done some testing on this and played an entire game of drop zone with not killing anyone and only scoring points by being in the dropzone. I did get 1 assist but that was it for the entire match. my score on the scoreboard at the end was 1380. 0 kills, 1 assist and 9 deaths. However when i looked at the game summary after the game it only showed my match XP as 20 (which i guess was for the assist.).

So the question is. Is it a bug that dropzone points are not actually applying to XP at the end of a match or are they not ment to and the quote above is wrong?

Level 1
12 REPLIES

Re: is XP in drop zone bugged or is my understanding of how XP works in this game wrong?

in reply to doyleisgod

I'm not getting points for being in the drop zone either, I see the +20 spam, but I'm not getting the points at the end.

All it's counting are kills/assists.

This changes the way the mode is played completly.

Level 3

Re: is XP in drop zone bugged or is my understanding of how XP works in this game wrong?

in reply to nellys

yeah the quote about this game type says you get 20xp for yourself for being in the drop zone. I see them spam up and if i press select i can see the 20xp going up on my score. Once i return to the loby. the player list will still show my high score say 3000 but the game summary will only show match xp for kills and assist which makes this game just team death match.

Not sure if it is a bug so hoping someone can answer this.

Level 1

in reply to doyleisgod

Lol ... sounds like a bug , but if you read the quote it doesnt say you earn 20 points individually for every second in the zone. It says you earn 20 points for your time in the zone.

I would assume they didnt mean only 20 points for he entire time in the zone ..... but.... .....

Level 20

in reply to atiredoldguy

I was in multiple drop zones in the match in never scored a kill on when testing and my final XP only reflected the score for the assist i happened to get. Anyone know where bugs should be reported to?

Level 1

in reply to doyleisgod

But it doesnt say you get 20 points for an assist, it doesnt say you get 20 points per second, it doesnt even say you get 20 points for eah time. It only says you get 20 pointsfor your time in the zone, and 50 per kill.

I still think its a bug, but just find it funny that your test does match exactly what the quote says.

But anyhow, the best place to report it would be on 402's twitter.

You probably wont get a response until monday though.

Level 20

in reply to atiredoldguy

heres a question for the OP, what was you match bonus?

Maybe teh points are added in there?

Level 14

in reply to SalemInChains

Was 1038 match bonus. So the numbers still don't add up.

The way I read the quote and the way it's structured makes it sound like 20 points persons for you. And also the score bored reflects that I  getting 20 points per second when in the drop zone

Level 1

in reply to doyleisgod

I agree that it is bugged. It shows up +20xp per second in game, but I am only getting XP for kills and match bonus. The match bonus doesnt include my +20xp bonus's either. I am scoring ~4000 points per game and am only getting about 3200xp at the end of the game. Something has to be wrong.

Level 1

in reply to darkghost8

same here....im getting 3-4k score but lucky to pick up 2k xp......at that rate its only good for getting blast shield pro very quickly

Level 10

Studios