how many people have come back to MW3 after being unimpressed with BO2?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

how many people have come back to MW3 after being unimpressed with BO2?

i have started playing mw3 again after being a bit deflated by BO2 lack luster performance i've even noticed FPS Russia who i'm friends with on live has started switching back and was curious to see if others were doing the same and if so why.

i generally perfer the maps and the weapons of mw3 as they all feel a bit generic and staged in BO2

Level 16
52 REPLIES

Re: how many people have come back to MW3 after being unimpressed with BO2?

in reply to belly120

not yet, but soon.

BO2 worst cod yet. lag lag lag lag lag

Level 9

in reply to danielbondnz

Actually the lag in BO2 isnt all that bad... Esspecially in comparison to the first Black Ops. What lag it does have is hard to even notice for the most part. When you lag in MW3 you know for a fact your lagging, where as in the new black ops, its hard to even tell.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to belly120

I havnt got bo2 yet but i have played it i do like it but there is some downsides.

Level 1

in reply to belly120

Well how many poeple are online when you get on?  Just do a a few comparisions, I used to do this all the time with BO and MW2. 

I'd be surprised if there are more then 150k playing on Xbox during peak hours, but that is pretty much normal numbers for the game at this stage of it's career. 

You know what's sad?  So many other games would kill to have numbers like these, but to IW these numbers now mean nothing so they have basically just stopped supporting the game.

Level 48

in reply to otisman666

otisman666 wrote:

Well how many poeple are online when you get on?  Just do a a few comparisions, I used to do this all the time with BO and MW2. 

I'd be surprised if there are more then 150k playing on Xbox during peak hours, but that is pretty much normal numbers for the game at this stage of it's career. 

You know what's sad?  So many other games would kill to have numbers like these, but to IW these numbers now mean nothing so they have basically just stopped supporting the game.

Agreed on all points.  If people are THAT worried about lag, stop buying every COD game that comes out because it has the same issues after every release.  This is why I might hold off buying IW's next release because it's just not as fun playing it so soon after release but a few months later down the line it's usually better for me.  I do occasionally play MW3 myself but I had it pretty bad with artificial ping in the first few months and it got better as time went on, so I don't see why BO2 won't be the same.

If the matchmaking didn't treat whole continents as one giant pool to connect people with (at Europe is) I'm sure some of it would disappear.  Someone in Lisbon is sure going to have a hard time gaming someone living in Vladivostok.

Level 31

in reply to belly120

I like both games, but my youtube channel mostly consists of MW3. You guys should check it out!  We are kind of small but we try our best http://www.youtube.com/user/taintedk0?feature=mhee heres a link.

Level 1

in reply to belly120

I have been playing MW3 over Blops as much as possible. What makes it hard is the friends list. When you have so many playing Blops it is hard to get back into MW3. But MW3 is a superior game with much better hit detection and a lot less lag. As for the player base, there were over 80,000 online lastnight. No problem what so ever finding good lobbies.

Level 38

in reply to codchamp1

hey codchamp, if ur looking for friends on mw3 i got me and some of my own that are on pretty much every night, we keep a team of 2-9. we all prefer mw3, if ur looking to play hit me up. poison vein777

Level 9

in reply to belly120

So few from my clan are playing Blops 2 after the first week its not even funny. I rarely play multiplayer cause its so bad, learning to love Zombies, and I started playing MW3 again

Level 2

Studios