abusive language

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: abusive language

in reply to BanHaMMer2

Just curious as to why the leaderboard hackers haven't been punished and reset when it's blatantly obvious? Rules are rules, right? Why punish some but not all?

Level 10

in reply to REDSKYNYRD

Activision/Beach Head are responsible for there game, they have to deal with the "hacked Leaderboards" they can also impose there punishment if required. It is not a Sony Exclusive game and does not have in-game moderation.

With absolute proof that said person did cheat beyond the leaderboards that could be technically askew or some other internal matter with the MW3 Ranking system. Then you could take your complaint to Sony Playstation. Activision/Beach Head have there own internal system which you are obliged to go through according to there games EULA.

It is very difficult to police a non Sony exclusive game for cheating.

Sony Playstation Moderators police the PSN/Playstation Forums and Sony exclusive games as they have "access all area's" so to speak, as apposed to a non Sony Exclusive game.

Racism, hateful, derogatory, or defamatory messaging will be taken seriously. People have every right to enjoy the PSN without the fear of harassment and/or the afore mentioned acts.

Level 31

in reply to BanHaMMer2

Now this I like, thanks, should this happen again I will send you a PM. I just wish there was an easier way because reporting via PS3 doesn't do anything.

Level 18
Highlighted

in reply to hiyalove

I have the alerts disabled, but everytime I have an awesome game I check the inbox. You're lucky to have royally pissed that guy off, all I get is lobby requests...even when I stomp my opponents.

I hate to say it but if he reads this thread, or gets banned it may seem like a victory in his eyes. Your memory of that game has been clouded by his comment, he would clearly know that he affected your life. If someone said that to me, I wouldn't care...the gameplay that caused the enemy to get upset is the only thing I'll be thinking about.

Level 7

in reply to hiyalove

If you are offended by some random people that are more than likely halfway around the world saying yo mamma and fuck you then you sir are just a bitch. WTF do you care what they say or any of us for that matter? We are complete strangers man get over it. Don't pull an Amanda Todd!

Level 1

in reply to hiyalove

There will always be haters out there. Even if you were the worst player in the world, then people would hate you for playing so badly. You can't make everybody happy, so why try? You win a match, feel good about it, and if haters hate, just trash the hate mail and move on.

Level 1

in reply to x-King181-x

if they banned everyone for saying "Your mom", "your a (insert racial slur here),", "your a fat f*^$ that lives in your moms basement", or simple "F You", then the whole community would be banned at some point. Deal with it. It sucks, but it's unfortunately a part of online gaming on almost any game.

Level 5

in reply to CrimsonTideMonk

CrimsonTideMonk wrote:

if they banned everyone for saying "Your mom", "your a (insert racial slur here),", "your a fat f*^$ that lives in your moms basement", or simple "F You", then the whole community would be banned at some point. Deal with it. It sucks, but it's unfortunately a part of online gaming on almost any game.

It is also a violation of the Sony Playstation EULA you all have agreed too.

If someone goes to the effort to report someone, with evidence of said persons offensive PM to Sony Playstation via the EU.Forums to a Sony Moderator via PM, then Sony are obliged to investigate and/or act. Yes, it may well be normal to a hardened gamer or someone who likes to act like a "Big Man" behind his handle. But there only tough as a valid and confirmed complaint of the breaking of the Sony EULA away to bring them back to reality.

Level 31

in reply to hiyalove

log out of game go over message and hit triangle there you will see feature for grief report.  just put what vulgarity or something.  doubt it does anything but have them read the terms again but thats my help for you.

Level 7

in reply to OldCowboy1

OldCowboy I hate to say it, that grief report doesn't do anything at all.

Level 18

Studios