Why the Same Exact Camos as MW2?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Over a course of many YouTube videos I have seen, it appears that there are the same exact camos in MW3 as in MW2. I know there is the gold camo once you unlock everything for the weapon, but that's lame.

I really don't understand why they decided on this. It's just another reason for people to call this game the same thing as MW2. What about the regular Tiger camo from Black Ops? Or perhaps a Green Tiger camo? Or maybe we could actually get a system where we could just sort of customize our own camos. That has been discussed many times before, I know, but it doesn't have to be too complex.

Is adding more camos really that hard?

Level 3
8 REPLIES

in reply to Xman64

lol u havent searched at all*yawn*. those are just PLACEHOLDERS there will be new camos, but many will make the return

Level 4

in reply to Xman64

why not the camos were fine in mw2 they were alot better than black ops as long as the blue tiger is back i couldnt care less what other camos there is

Level 30

Re: Why the Same Exact Camos as MW2?

in reply to Xman64
lol u havent searched at all*yawn*. those are just PLACEHOLDERS there will be new camos, but many will make the return

I did do a search before I made the topic, and I didn't really find anything. Where did you hear they were placeholders? Because if they are, then that's awesome.

why not the camos were fine in mw2 they were alot better than black ops as long as the blue tiger is back i couldnt care less what other camos there is

I agree somewhat. Black Ops had a lot of camos that were subpar. And the camos in MW2 are good, it would just suck if there weren't any new ones in MW3.

Level 3

in reply to Xman64

I can't really say that all the camos are the same as MW2's camos but I do agree that cod should get a little more creative with their camos.  I think they should do really crazy camos like some really bright colors or maybe some weird patterns like checkers, tie dye, etc.

What would you guys like to see in the game?

Level 5

in reply to sk8hosoi

titles as camo would be good

Level 30

in reply to sk8hosoi

I'd like to see a lot of color reiterations of the Tiger camo. So you would just pick the Tiger Camo, then it would bring up another window where you choose which color Tiger camo you want. Like I mentioned before, I think a Green Tiger would look pretty badass.

Also, a camo that just makes your weapons straight black would be nice. Some weapons have a base color of biege, silver, gray, etc. so they can't be black if you make them have no camo.

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to Xman64

http://community.callofduty.com/message/43413#43413 Huh what? You mean the camos aren't copy and pasted from mw2? Oh okay.

Level 23

in reply to Xman64

they wanted to keep the new camos classified, so all the camos you seen from cod xp were mw2 camos. i think the only camos making a return are the base camos, woodland, arctic and desert, and i hope digital but im not certain. im pretty sure they are bringing back red and blue tiger, and possibly fall. i seen one new camo, its a steel blue colour and it has what looks like a continuos pentagon pattern http://callofduty.wikia.com/index.php?title=Weapon_Camouflage&image=B5-jpg

Level 1

Studios