Why do so much people play Team Deathmatch?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Why do so much people play Team Deathmatch?

It is such a boring gamemode, the only objective is to kill. You need no strategy to play this as not much good players even play this as much as the gamemodes of Search and Destroy, Domination, Infected, etc.

Level 5
21 REPLIES

Re: Why do so much people play Team Deathmatch?

in reply to LoneTactical

Really??? "No skill". You mean it takes no skill to out live and out fight everyone else on the opposing team. You obviously don't do that in the game modes you listed, oh, wait a sec.... It's not 4/20 so you can't use that for an excuse on your post.

Level 48

in reply to ZvErS

I would just like to point out that he never said no skill.

Level 43

in reply to LoneTactical

nothing wrong with tdm some people dont want to mess around with objectives and only play the game for the kills sadly alot of them do still come into objective games to whore kills

Level 30

in reply to LoneTactical

I think it's cuz it's the most basic gametype. Get more kills than deaths as a team and you win. Lot of people who don't understand some of the other gametypes or don't want to deal with the objectives. I hate TDM though, everyone just head camps and uses the best guns.

Level 6

in reply to LoneTactical

A lot of your "good" players only play the objective games because it tells them a general idea of where people will be. Most of the YouTube commentators you see will play KC or Domination, but completely avoid the objective going for kills. The best players can do well in TDM, where everyone is only going for kills. It's the most balanced gametype possible.

Level 12

in reply to LoneTactical

Agreed, all you have to do is camp to win, where in objective modes that won't gurantee a win often. It takes more skill to play with an objective, because there is more strategy involved etc. The best strategy for tdm is to just camp, and you get a guranteed win every time.

Level 10
Highlighted

in reply to LoneTactical

LoneTactical wrote:

It is such a boring gamemode, the only objective is to kill. You need no strategy to play this as not much good players even play this as much as the gamemodes of Search and Destroy, Domination, Infected, etc.

If you value strategy so much, play a tactical third person shooter like Ghost Recon.  Most people prefer simplistic game modes to play, that is why checkers is more popular then chess.  The same holds true with video games, more people play first person shooters than tactical third person shooters.

Level 31

in reply to LoneTactical

I play TDM because I got tired of people not playing the objective.  Maybe 1 out of every 4 lobbies I entered, I could find teams that were actually pushing to win.  The rest were just sitting around trying to rack up kills.  If I can carve a few minutes out of my day to play, I'd rather play and finish two or three games of TDM or FFA instead of one of Domination (for example) where nothing is getting accomplished.

And to say that camping is more rampant in TDM than most objective-based games is way off base.  It exists everywhere, but is worse in Domination and Sabotage.  Don't get me started on the people who play KC but never go after tags.

Level 16

in reply to LoneTactical

Because it is the most basic game type. You cannot argue about anyone doing anything in TDM. There is no objective to go for so in essence you are on your own....Unless you got some BK's on your team going 2-25 that is.

Level 38

Studios