WTF did they do to hit detection...or is the ACOG a penalty for snipers?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

WTF did they do to hit detection...or is the ACOG a penalty for snipers?

I can't tell if it's lag or if this broken POS game just got worse, but I almost ripped the disc out of the PS3 tonight and threw it in the garbage. I've given up on ever having a good k/d over 1.00 with the way the lag constantly screws me in this game, but was starting to have fun by trying new weapon combos and stuff I never used before when I actually tried to do well in the game. One of the fun guns I'd been using was the MSR with an ACOG scope, at least until the last couple of nights.

WTF did they do to hit detection? I swear you get penalized for using an ACOG with a sniper rifle. I can hit anybody above the waist with normal scoped MSR and it's one hit kill EVERY ****ing time! Yet I toss the ACOG on there, hit them center of mass or dead in the chest and I'm lucky if I even get a hit marker. Best example was the other team got a juggernaut tonight, I sit there and pump 5-6 rounds into him center of mass while he's lumbering down the hallway and I got maybe 2 hit markers if even that. Another guy I shot twice in the head and once above the waist and then he kills me with a ****ing mp9 from prone. Just unreal.

Level 8
5 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: WTF did they do to hit detection...or is the ACOG a penalty for snipers?

in reply to DaShuk2381

It could have just been a laggy match. May I ask why you wanted to put the ACOG on? Was it boredom or lack of visibility with the default scope? I tried the ACOG once and I didn't like it, I then tried putting Quickdraw on using the default scope, and I never looked back. If you also put Speed+Extended Mags on w/ Throwing Knife, you're going to piss everybody off, they won't stand a chance if you're good. The only time this combination fails, is if it's a laggy match or there is a lot of Assasins corner camping.

Level 7

in reply to offthewall21

Just for fun and trying the different attachments, going for of a mobile sniper approach since I hate sitting in one place all the time.

Level 8

in reply to DaShuk2381

MW3 has been laggy all weekend which makes snipers, shotguns, and burst weapons very difficult to use.  I would suggest waiting until you find a lobby where you aren't lagging to pull out your sniper or setup your engagements for longer lines of sight so that you have a chance of getting the second shot off before you get killed.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

That was the annoying thing, even on long site lines I was hitting them 2-3 times and just getting a hitmarker if anything.

Level 8

in reply to DaShuk2381

I notice the samething this last weekend. I was using the ACOG and couldn't hit the side of a barn.  I switched back to the default scope, and at least I could get 1 hit kills if I hit them above the shoulders. 

Level 1

Studios