Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is Lag Compensation

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: This is Lag Compensation

in reply to operator-1

Strongly put and points and well made all.

A 5 star response which deserves a reply.

Level 44

in reply to capp00

Lets think for a moment.  If this game was programmed like any other game should be, limiting your bandwith should decrease your connection and lag advantage.  Intead, you are rewarded for having a slower connection.

As long as worse connection/limited bandwith = better (and unfair) lag advantage... well guess what... people are going to continue to do it.

Fix your code so you are not rewarded for having a worse connection and the incentive to mess with your connection no longer exists. 

How much are these guys getting paid?  And they don't realize this?

Level 6

in reply to capp00

Since the last update it's worse than ever. I get put into lobbies where every one is from Brazil, Canada, UK, etc.. I live in TN USA. Even in this situation, I'm still selected as host which adds to the lag comp, delaying my visuals -making it impossible to kill anyone.

Level 11

in reply to capp00

Any update from IW.  Its funny they asked for proof and now they have proof but they have gone silence.

What a bunch of jackasses!

Level 17

in reply to ghorman

Still no reply or acknowledgment from IW/Sledghammer on this thread? They've no doubt been instructed to AVOID REPLYING to this thread. Its so damn obvious. Best way to respond is to not buy any DLC (I've not bothered to buy any). Why would anyone spend more money on a cut n shut effort that MW3 is.  

Level 4

in reply to ghorman

the proof is worthless if they dont know how to fix it. Black ops had similiar issues and it was never fixed. If IW/seledge hammer havent fixed it by now its not going to get fixed. I know when black ops 2 comes out i am not getting burnt on elite again and will be renting the game first before I give activision another dime. 

I would assume this issue is with sending stats to elite causing to much bandwith for the hosts or netcode to support. So basicly activision made the game play worse so they can charge us an extra 50 bucks on top of the huge sales and map packs. Activision will continue to nickle and dime us untill we stop giving them our hard earned cash.

Level 6

in reply to capp00

I wish i could see a post to the Dev's/IW/SHG that went like this: (and ACTUALLY got answers too from IW/SHG)

i posted my OWN predected IW/SHG answers for fun.

Q1. dear (person developing this game)... when testing this games MP aspect,  did you solely test on an internal LAN setup or did you have MULTIPLE offsite testing facilities with REAL WORLD internet connections to review and test how MP played?

A1. no, we felt internal testing via a controlled internet setting (LAN) was sufficient enough and gave us enough assurance we had a properly funcioning MP and thus did not warrent an external BETA.

Q2. dear (person developing this game)... was there something implemented into the source code of the MP aspect that put a hinder on some connections in order to give a fair connection feel to all players involved and to stop putting people with a superb internet connection at an "advantage"?

A2. we felt that COD should reach all levels of play and that everyone should all have the same "advantage" when it comes to skill instead of a majority of people that have great internet connection speeds dominating every game.  what fun is that to an average Joe Blow who is in it for fun?  let Joe Blow have an equal gaming experience even though he is on a slower connection.

why would i want to play a game knowing my gaming experience could be handi-capped by nerfing my connection?   wouldnt that "ruin" my experience with the game?

seems to be working so far!

Level 1

in reply to lemdog04

I'm hoping to move my COD time over to the new Ghost Recon beta coming out.  I'm sick of the lag compensation code and the hacks.

Level 17

in reply to ghorman

I used to hope they would fix the Lag Compensation,  but Ghost Recon Future Soldier is so close now I could care less.  I have plenty of other games that I have been, and will be playing until then.  Graw 2 was tha s*** in it's day, so I'm confident this next one will not let me down. 

Level 3

in reply to SC1ZZORZ

Not buying another call of duty game ever again. They have destroyed this game after mw2. Cannot wait for GHOST RECON FUTURE SOLDIER!!!!!!!!

Level 1