Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE SIGN HERE IF YOU FEEL FREQUENTLY HANDICAPPED BY LAG COMPENSATION

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: PLEASE SIGN HERE IF YOU FEEL FREQUENTLY HANDICAPPED BY LAG COMPENSATION

in reply to msbreen3

I need to clearify something, i see people have the same problem as the video on the first page, and they say that this is because they have high speed connection and others don't, actually i have the same problem as the video but i have only 2mb speed. which is very low comparing to people in europe or usa. So it's not people with low connections who is causing this. I laso suffer from region locked matchmaking, the only way for me to play is to try to join anyon's game from my history and it cab turn on to be any mode.

Level 1

in reply to Abdou23

an online shooter takes 15 to 20 kb/s to function properly, any connection can handle it in fact, its a matter of latency (ping) which has nothing to do with throughput.

Level 1

in reply to msbreen3

signed,    this was horrible in black ops and its horrible in this game.  It punishes those with a good connection and praises those who have shit

Level 1

in reply to effanzo78

signed

Level 1

in reply to effanzo78

lag comp is killing the cod series!

Level 3

in reply to jbirdwallace1

The CoD series, or ANY online game, would be totally unplayable without Lag Compensation. It is in EVERY online game of the last 5 years or so

Level 24

in reply to effanzo78

Whats funny about the lack of brains behind this thread ?

The OP was told on page two a patch was on the way but the OP seems to have ignored that post. And any others on what is being done..

As other people have said, give it time. To make a patch for a game on Xbox Live takes about a month from the day the devs get the go ahead to the day Microsoft gives the patch approval and it is placed on Xbox Live.

Every patch goes thru the same process, not like a temporary hotfix that can be made within days. This kind of issue cant be fixed without a hotfix.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

Signed !!

Level 3

in reply to mafcase

Signed!!! I pay a lot for my internet connection, mostly to play online games... So either I stop paying a high amount for my connection or I stop playing MW3 and wait for the better developer (Treyarch) to come out with their next installment. And I dont think I will be changing my internet!

I dont know why game companies penalize their dedicated fans that account for a small percentage of the people playing, and reward people that only play the game a little and then move on, just because they are too cheap to get better internet. I play these games for the entire year until the next one comes out since COD 3. I am dedicated and work hard at being good... I will not tolerate a company that wastes my money that I pay for internet connection, I will simply move on until Treyarch is back... only a matter of time.

I am constantly behind in connection now, and almost every death I experiece comes from me shooting someone in the back or side, or through the chest, only to instantly die before I see one bullet come out of their gun... Not the fun experience I have come to expect from the franchise!

Level 1

in reply to FAQUMORON

the post above from FAQUMORON was not from that person but from me HolyMALFICENT. Check my gamer tag and COD record on any of the games and you can see that I am not a scrub, and I actually work at being good... I didnt get there because I shop and Kmart for my connection!

Level 1