Nuketown Gamestop Promo Code - Where to Enter?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Nuketown Gamestop Promo Code - Where to Enter?

I just pre-ordered the game so I could get the Nuketown map. I was told to go to Gamestop.com/code or gmestopblackops2.com to redeem the code. Trouble is, there is no field to enter it in. Called Gmestop, the store itself where I purchased the game, and they said they knew about it, but it wasn't their issue, it's corporate. That's fine. But this code is supposed to get me the promo code to input in the Xbox. Don't know if this is an issue for anyone else. I know this is not an Activision problem, but I am a touch concerned because I was told by the Gamestop employee I need the code before midnight tonight ET.

Level 9
4 REPLIES

Re: Nuketown Gamestop Promo Code - Where to Enter?

in reply to CODNoob12

You don't need the code "before" midnight, it wouldn't make any sense. I believe Elite runs on PST (time zone).

With that in mind not everyone is on the same time zone & most retailers are giving out the Codes at the same time you go in to pick up the game, which is midnight. so they wouldn't close the window of opportunity when most players will be getting their preorders "after" midnight.

Level 6

in reply to CODNoob12

Also I believe that the Nuketown Code will have to be Entered though the console market place since it requires a download. In my opinion It wouldn't make sense that you enter the code via web, to download the map from/on the console.

Level 6
Highlighted

in reply to CODNoob12

Just picked up my pre-order copy. & it comes with a voucher that tells you how where to Enter the Voucher. You have to redeem if from the Xbox Marketplace/Playstation Store under "Redeem Code"

Level 6

in reply to Jamaican-4Lyfe

Yeah, I was naive.

I got confused because when I pre-ordered my copy, the girl at the register circled a promo code on the receipt and told me I would need to go online and type that in to get the map. It didn't make sense, but I figured she knew something I didn't. I was wrong.

Level 9

Studios