Noob, serious question please don't flame me.

SOLVED

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: Noob, serious question please don't flame me.

in reply to COD_WIDOW

Cool, I did not have a clue that there was a stategy to capturing the flags...I just thought run around and keep capping all three flags...this probably explains part of the reason my experienced teamates did not like me...the other being I suck of course, LOL!

Level 5

in reply to Photoman23

Better to do your sucking now before Black Ops 2 comes out mate.

Rule of thumb is slow your pace down a lot, and hold B+C or A+B. Your team mates will rage at you for flipping the spawns but not really for going negative unless you give a shed load of deaths away.

If you stop rushing the enemy's spawn you will die far less anyway. Play the Defensive role and hang back.

Level 15

in reply to COD_WIDOW

Thanks, yeah that is what I was trying to do last night.  I either hung around B and tried to defend or cap or I stayed by home flag doing the same.

Level 5

in reply to Photoman23

Even when your good you will still get grief, in fact the better you get the more grief you'll get because (apparently) you can't do well in this game without using an aimbot, a hack, cheat, an OP gun or whatever.

All you can do as mentioned above is to mute anyone having a go at you and don't read any messages, just delete them .

It's hard at the very beginning and still frustrating after you've been playing for years but you will get better with time.

Level 20

in reply to Photoman23

Hey mate I have videos on my channel for easy class setup's for beginner's. I hope this helped   http://www.youtube.com/user/prepare4b00m?feature=guide

Level 1

in reply to prepare4thab00m

Thanks, I will check them out!

Level 5
Highlighted

in reply to Photoman23

i find with beginners, their biggest problem is typically aiming. So the first thing i would suggest doing, is as your third perk, use steady aim.. That was instead of trying to learn some more advanced moves like strafing and aiming down sight at the same time, which requires the use of both sticks... you can just hipfire people. and essentially aim, using just your left stick and strafing... Than you can slowly work your way into using both sticks

Level 2

in reply to HEBBSY1

Thanks!

Level 5

in reply to Photoman23
Solution
‎24-10-2012 04:37 AM

1. Mute the lobby.  There's way too many inmature players out there of all ages.  Not to mention the language if your kids are playing.  Mine play too by the way.

2.  Silenced weapons, Assasin, Blind Eye if you're using the ACR (Slieght of Hand or Recon if not) and Sitrep or Marksman.

3.  Learn the flow of the maps.  It's quite different from Survival mode.  Learn where the enemy is going to flood to and flank around them to catch them from behind.  Just be aware that someone from the enemy team is likely trying to do the same thing.  So be ready for them as well.

4.  Camp more than run and gun while you are figuring this stuff out.  It's really easy to die in this game.  If you do run and gun use SMG's and hipfire them (Steady Aim will help) but you will need to take routes that will keep the lines of sight short or the AR users will pick you off.

5.  Once you get comfortable with all of this and are able to string a few kills together consider switching to some low level Assualt killstreaks and use Hardline.  UAV, Pred Missile, and Attack Helicopter are pretty easy to get.  The Pred is a 4 Killstreak with Hardline and if you use it in the same life that you get it, the kills you get from it will count towards the kills needed to get your Attack Heli which is a 6 Killstreak with Hardline.  Also know that capping a flag counts as a kill towards your killstreak.

6.  We all have good and bad games.  So don't worry about what your teamates think and just work on your game for the sake of making yourself happy.  I'm 20th Prestige and my first game last night I joined late and went 9 and 19.  Somehow I just kept getting shot in the back and I was trying to use pistols which didn't help.  My second game in the same lobby, I played my normal style and went 32 and 8.  I'm sure the guys on the other team had to have help picking their jaws up off the floor.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

Thanks, Very helpful and useful info...much appreciated.

Level 5

Studios