Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My thoughts on the Reaper

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: My thoughts on the Reaper

in reply to RAMBONER

The most common misconception with reapers is that people use them too much like a predator missile.

Level 21
Highlighted

in reply to Ghamorra

Should add one other tip with the reaper is if you see someone in the open dont put the red marker on them right away start off a little ways away from them then as soon as the warhead gets closer learn to swing it right onto that person for the kill. I found that by aiming right at people from launch it gives them a heads up and smart players time to get into cover or pull out a trophy system.

Here is the reaper video thread from resistance on how to control and curve your shot

http://community.callofduty.com/message/205328958#205328958

Level 16

in reply to Ghamorra

I love it. Possibly my fav kill streak of all time. Its hard on some maps but then again on those same maps all other killstreaks are relatively useless. (arkaden for one)

It takes a little getting use to but you should give it ago. At least on maps like village, dom and mission. Trust me once you get the hang of it you'll have fun

Level 22

in reply to Ghamorra

This is how I rank the 9 Pointstreak Rewards:

Reaper > AH6 Overwatch > Strafe Run

Reaper is amazing on open maps like Dome, Village etc.

It was hard to use at first but once I got use to the controls & zoom-in function, it's decent.

Using Strafe Run as a pointstreak....you're wasting your time. More of a reward for the enemy team with a stinger than for you.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

Apparently since the latest patch, on Wii, the Strafe Run is actually good. For everything else, it blows pretty bad.

Level 21

in reply to dastealth

Yes they are, on the wii it's like flying l33t snipers

Level 13

in reply to vims2011

I don't think I've ever gotten a kill with it before. I ran it for a while because the concept seemed awesome, but it failed

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

You serious guys!? Put Strafe Run on a extreme side of the map with the narrow pointed to the other side of the map and let them fly!!

Level 9

in reply to Shadow_Alq

You kidding me? When the other team dishes out a Strafe Run on me, I whip out my stinger and take out all 5 of those 'copters with my 2 rockets, granting me a 5 killstreak. I hope more people on whatever other teams I go against share your opinion. Just gives me more kills

Level 10

in reply to MR_OnyYX_

I guess most people don't know that. I've gotten over 10 kills with the strafe run, simply because people assume that, "Hey... There's five helicopters. I guess it takes five Stinger shots to take it down."

Level 6