Just got Black Ops 2.......not great!!

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Re: Just got Black Ops 2.......not great!!

in reply to Albysky

so far i have nothing positive to say about bo2. if you thought the lag was bas on mw3, then you aint seen nothin yet..been playing bo2 since last night, it says i have 4 bars, but plays like i have a red dot connection..i find myself walking into walls, gliding, while im shooting some1, i lag out and die.. or my screen freezes and i die, or it says host migration and i die..since 330 hawaii time, we havent been able to party up and play as a team, and since 10pm hawaii time i cant even get on a game..sooo disappointing, wtf

Level 3

in reply to Spartak96

MW3 was my first online multiplayer video game, and despite all lag and bug issues, I spent lot of time having fun with it.

I bought BO2 (then it's my second multiplyer video game, yeahhh ) and although I did not have any connection or freeze issues like many players (I played yesterday from France, do not try again today) I am really disappointed too by this game :

- as you said, the sound effects are really bad, not at all realistic (the sound of some weapons are just like small farts).. maybe an issue with my headset, I have to check the sound options

- the textures are poor quality, too blurry, too much colored, giving the feeling of an old video game => one time again, not realistic

- maybe it's specific to MW3 but the hit detection is silent, not sound to indicate if we hit or not the target (maybe because of bad hit detection issue in the first black ops opus - never played, just heard about it - no sound <=> nobody can say if the game did not detect the hit or if the player really missed the target).. then I am lost when firing the enemy

Level 2

in reply to PifGlopGlop

Just like any other game that has come out for COD it has issues. MW3 has/had them at launch and BO had them also. Not sure about MW2 and WaW,but i read they are not perfect. Give them a while to work out the bugs. It sounds like these things can be fixed with patches.I'm sure there are alot of complaints on the forums because of course they have nothing better to do,but if you look at how many people bought and are playing the game,the percentage isim sure, alot lower than half.

Level 7

in reply to stevonub4201

I know I know, but I don't think the sounds or the textures will be improved in future patchs, so I guess we will have to live with them. 

Level 2

in reply to PifGlopGlop

To increase the definition of the textures you will have to download those from the disk to your hardrive. I did and the graphics are awesome. Sorry you guys don't like BOPS2 but me it is a hit. Sound is.....different....but I expected it to be.

Level 10

in reply to TexasVic74

I've already downloaded the textures to my hardrive but I keep on finding them poor with uggly colors (and increasing definition does not correct the colors). But maybe it's simply BO .. I did not play BO before, then I didn't know what to expect. But I understand some people could love it , it's just my personal feeling.

Level 2

in reply to PifGlopGlop

PifGlopGlop wrote:

MW3 was my first online multiplayer video game, and despite all lag and bug issues, I spent lot of time having fun with it.

I bought BO2 (then it's my second multiplyer video game, yeahhh ) and although I did not have any connection or freeze issues like many players (I played yesterday from France, do not try again today) I am really disappointed too by this game :

- as you said, the sound effects are really bad, not at all realistic (the sound of some weapons are just like small farts).. maybe an issue with my headset, I have to check the sound options

- the textures are poor quality, too blurry, too much colored, giving the feeling of an old video game => one time again, not realistic

- maybe it's specific to MW3 but the hit detection is silent, not sound to indicate if we hit or not the target (maybe because of bad hit detection issue in the first black ops opus - never played, just heard about it - no sound <=> nobody can say if the game did not detect the hit or if the player really missed the target).. then I am lost when firing the enemy

Ya why is hit detection silent??? I hate that!!!

Level 17

in reply to Spartak96

love black ops 2, well at least i did for the 2 hours i got to play it yesterday..

cant get on it today, neither can anyone on my friends  list.

possibly the worst launch ever...

i'll give it till the wknd, if that dont work i will feel royally mugged off! supposed to be double XP wknd.

Level 16

in reply to Spartak96

i'm SO glad i didn't buy this game. i'm REALLY glad i didn't go through the trouble of pre-ordering it. and thank GOD i didn't wait in line to get it on the release day. LOL

i almost gave in. almost.

Level 14

in reply to Spartak96

Treyarch COD is not true Call of duty!  They always steal ideas from Infinity ward,  and their games have a very dark and evil feeling.  I'll never buy their games.

Level 1

Studios