Is cod elite worth gettintg (for the map packs of mw3 and black ops 2)

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Is cod elite worth gettintg (for the map packs of mw3 and black ops 2)

Is cod elite worth getting (for the map packs of mw3 and black op's 2) because I wanted to get it, but not sure if it was worth it should I get it any answers will help please

Level 1
5 REPLIES

Re: Is cod elite worth gettintg (for the map packs of mw3 and black ops 2)

in reply to ferrarifreaks

you cant buy a premium sub for elite anymore as from next week blops2 is out and elite is free for everyone.

that aside elite was only for mw3 so you wouldnt have got bo2 dlc anyways  there is a season pass for bo2 dlc though (woreks out about $10 chaper than buying all seperately@)

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to Maccabi

Save yourself some $$ and wait out the MW3 dlc.  Activision will be putting it on sale soon enough, plus the extra MP maps screw up the MP version of the game, so nobody wants to play them anyways.

Level 48

in reply to otisman666

How do the maps mess up the MP games?

Level 1

in reply to arparaspolo

Short answer- Matchmaking

Longer answer- With each DLC it divides the playerbase more, and more.

Like for me when I run with ALL the dlc on it'll almost always show possible matches = >10/20

But when I turn my dlc OFF it'll jump back to 50 out of 50 games -__-

Level 5

in reply to ferrarifreaks

Like someone else said, Elite is now free, but for BLOPs II you need to get the season pass.

As for the value of playing with the maps, you have to remember that you will have to be matched with people using those maps so your matchmaking potentials will drop.  Plus, the majority of the guys using the maps are sometimes more experienced players and you may have a hard time depending on your skill level.

Personally, I'd consider how much you will be playing.  I downloaded all the map packs for MW2 and MW3, but rarely activate them.  I don't play as often as I like and it's much harder getting familiar with 20+ maps vice the original dozen or so.  I'll stick with Elite, but will forego the map quest unless one jumps out at me.

Level 16

Studios