Host Lag! Please read

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Host Lag! Please read

Hey,

In Mw2 and Mw3 pull host over 50% of the time. Good thing right? Wrong

Whenever I get host it says my connection is perfect but I get a lot of frame rate lag when an action happens. Is there anyway I can fix this and/or is this patchable?

Level 1
7 REPLIES

Re: Host Lag! Please read

in reply to b-2spirit

No not really, reason being the other players are being given lag compensation depending on how good of a connection you have. Seems to be the case that the better your connection the worse time you have.

Sometimes it seems like the opposite, like the host is being given lag compensation and i get to suffer playing a game slightly behind the game he is playing.

Level 34

in reply to avengedyesterda

Ok, well I know i have really good connection. would it "help" if i switched to wireless?

Level 1

in reply to avengedyesterda

Ok, well I know i have really good connection. would it "help" if i switched to wireless?

Level 1

in reply to b-2spirit

I have the same problem.  It sucks that i am being penalized for paying for a good connection.  And that I i get owned by someone who is too cheap to pay for a better connection.  I can absolutely tell when I become host and I quit the game instantly and will keep quiting until it is fixed.  The frame rat becomes jumpy and lag like but a little different.  It is easy to tell because the lag compensation program is so strong.  Bull Shzz

Level 1

in reply to runburgungy191

P2P will always suck.. no matter what were in a new age of technology they would rather spend more money to keep on fixing the dam thing than rather just doing a dedicated server...

NOTE thats a fact.. no problems on bf3 cuz they have dedicated server problem solved

Level 1

in reply to therealgeo

Yeah BF3 dedicated servers with so much rubberbanding... yes, much better than P2P

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to b-2spirit
Level 51

Studios