Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[GUIDE] HOW TO EASILY OPEN YOUR NAT.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Hello fellow COD players and members,

Recently I have gotten sick of my NAT type as Moderate and it always affecting the matchmaking, (it sometimes took minutes!) I tried many solutions and none worked for me, I fiddled around with the router's settings and discovered this.

1. Enter your router or modem's IP address into the address bar at the top of the page.

2. Enter your username and password, by default admin is usually the username, password or admin is usually the default password.

3. Find your DMZ settings, these should be located under Wireless Settings or something similar to that.

---IF USING ONLY A ROUTER SKIP THIS STEP---

4. Change the router's default DMZ address to your Xbox's IP address (found under the Network Settings by going to the System blade, choosing Network Settings and choosing Configure Settings.)

5. Change the modem's default DMZ address to your Xbox's IP address.

6. Restart the router and/or modem and the Xbox, once everything is back online, test the connection to make sure it works, if not;

7. Make sure that under that same tab on your router/modems settings that NAT is disable or on Open.

If these steps do not work for you, reply here and I will find a way to assist you.

Level 1
2 REPLIES

in reply to generaldarkness

There are a few things wrong with this post. You need to inform people of what a DMZ is and you don't set up a static IP.

If someone follows this thread and then their Xbox's IP changes because of DHCP they'll revert back to a moderate/strict NAT and the other electronic would now be exposed to the net. You don't know the hardware and software setup that your peers have. It is always best to keep them safe with your guide than explain quick and easy setups. Sure, it was fast and it worked but you want a permanent solution rather than a quick fix.

Check out my thread to see what I mean: http://community.callofduty.com/message/4647#4647

Highlighted

Re: [GUIDE] HOW TO EASILY OPEN YOUR NAT.

in reply to generaldarkness

There has already been a NAT type thread created: http://community.callofduty.com/message/9778#9778

Please search for a topic to see if it's been created so you don't duplicate threads.

Level 2